Sixty-third Cliche | Mia

Look for another update today!
➰➰➰

"Should I go in?" I asked myself as I dragged half of the items that the boys had bought inside the door. It was large enough that the many bags took only a small portion of area. The door way and hallway seemed bigger than my studio, and I always hated big homes.

They were too empty, too barren. It made me feel empty as they were.

"But the crab cakes..." I groaned out, this was happening. I was going to have to be in this big suite while making sure the heir that I owe my life was alive and kicking. It was the least I should I do.

Pushing my way through, I entered the place carefully while my hands searched for a light switch. Then as my failure almost made me give up, I realized that I could use my phone. I shook my head at myself for being so useless sometimes.

Switching the light on, I found myself facing the apartment suite and it was big.

It was big and spacious and...empty. Just like how I suspected it to be.

"Why do you need this much space if you don't have anything inside?" I talked to myself as I saw that it was barren. I never liked big homes. It was always...lonely.

Taehyung's place was not any different. It really was lonesome. And it was even more lonesome  because there was barely anything inside.

My feet stopped at the edge of the hallway that led to the entrance and saw the empty living room. The simple forest green lounge five-seater was in the center, there was a small coffee table, a screen that took one whole side of the wall.

The full glass window looked out into the city view which made the suite look even bigger than it already was. It was high enough for a landscape view and it was specially tinted so seeing in from the outside was difficult. The curtains were half drawn and there were several books on the ground instead of the empty bookcase-wall.

I took one more step in with whatever courage I had and saw that in the den was a sole desk and sleek leather black chair. The den was truly the only thing with evidence of occupancy. There were more books, files upon files and paper on top of paper.

The furniture, the decorations, household items, everything was kept a bare minimum. And there was nothing, absolutely nothing on the walls. No pictures, posters nor memorabilia. It was really sad.

There was nothing here that showed any of Taehyung's personality, style or preference.

It was sad. It was as if he himself was hiding away. It was as if no one lived here.

My tongue explored my mouth as I silently took all this in.

It was worse than his room at the Lodge. I had thought that it had no personality because it was not a permanent place but it wasn't that. It was empty just like his actual home.

It did not feel like anyone lives here...

I heard a groan coming from the living room and I snapped my thoughts back to the purpose as to why I was here. Going back to the living room as quietly as I can, I saw Taehyung sweating heavily as he groaned in pain.

I neared Taehyung as he breathed heavily. I touched him carefully but I pulled away feeling that he was burning up.

I rushed to the entrance to grab the grocery bags. Going back and forth I brought the items to the kitchen, which was also huge, but I ignored that as I settled all the items down. Right now, Taehyung was more important.

First I separated the items that needed to be in the freezer and thing that did not need to be. And I also pulled out the cold medicine, painkillers and disposable ice packs.