Chapter 7

The Player Bet7

Sorry it's short! Next one will be longer I promise!!!

--------CHAPTER 7---------

"EWWWWW!" I screamed, jumping off the brown leather couch. My arms instantly crossed over in a protective motion and I grimaced at the small bug crawling across the couch.

"DAD!" I screamed, jumping away from another couch behind me which was also infested with bugs.

"What?" my dad asked, walking into the room with his thick rimmed glasses on, a pen tucked behind his ear. He must have been in his study working on his presentation for his boss.

"There are bugs EVERYWHERE," I exclaimed, putting emphasis on "Everywhere" which caused him to look around the small living room.

"Shit," my dad muttered, inspecting the whole room before going to the next. I stood there with my notebook in my hands, chewing on my lip. Why did things like this always happen to me? I had terrible luck!

"Okay Alyssa, go get in the car, we will just have to find somewhere else to stay while the exterminators come," he told me, placing a wireless phone down on our coffee table.

"Should I go pack then?" I asked him.

"No, there are most likely bugs crawling in your clothes right now," he muttered off and I shuddered, imagining putting them on to find tiny roaches crawling on me. That was just disgusting.

"What am I going to wear then?" I asked him desperately, pulling at my baggy t-shirt that was paired with sweatpants. I always changed once I got home, not wanting to sit in jeans all day.

"Don't worry sweetheart, we can go shopping tomorrow, I promise," he told me, giving me a kiss on the forehead before sending me to the car. I sighed. Why was my dad like this? One day he would be a sweet guy and an amazing father, the next day he would slap me for reminding him of mother.

Mother. She was a disappointment to the whole family. There was no doubt in my mind that I resented her for forcing me to go through what I had since she had abandoned Dad and I. I couldn't ever refer to her as mom. She was simply, mother.

"Okay I'm ready," my dad informed me, slipping his seatbelt on. He had grabbed a file from his study and nothing more. I guess he wasn't find of bugs crawling in his clothing either.

"Where are we going?" I asked Him, raising an eyebrow even though I was staring vacantly out the window.

"To my cousin Penelope's," he answered and I turned to look at him, still leaning against the window.

"Penelope?"

"I don't think you've met her before," he explained and I nodded, turning back to the window. One week at this lady's house couldn't be so bad right?

I just crossed my fingers and hoped she was a nice girl. Maybe with her around, if my dad came home drunk or was in one of his moods he wouldn't hit me! I smiled at the thought. I loved my dad, he really was a great father most of the time, but everyone had their ups and downs right?

We started to drive past the rich section of down and I gazed at the large houses. They were all so pretty. Soon we turned towards a white Victorian mansion, lined by black pointed gates. The house itself was spectacular, with large white pedestals and balconies everywhere you looked. We drove up to the gate and my dad rolled down his window to speak to the guards.

"I'm Sean Daniels. Penelope's cousin. She is expecting me," my dad explained to the guards. One guard nodded and opened the gate. We drove up to the house, and I pressed my face to the window, intrigued by it. I guess this whole bug thing wouldn't be so bad after all.

We stepped out of our car, watching as a short woman with golden ringlet curls walked out of the mansion, her hair bouncing with each step. She had bright green eyes, standing out against her pale complexion. Dressed in a blue skirt suit, I shrunk back in embarrassment from my appearance. I wasn't dressed the best, and was makeup-less with my hair up in a ponytail. At least I had grabbed my untainted school bag, which had an extra eyeliner and mascara inside just incase I needed it in school for any reason.

"Penelope! I can't thank you enough," my dad said, pulling her into a tight embrace. I stood behind him shyly, glancing at my feet every now and then.

"No problem Sean, you're always welcome," she told him, sending him a dazzling smile that seemed all too familiar. The woman turned to me. "Alyssa! I've heard all about you! My names Penelope," she introduced herself, pulling me into a hug. Now that we were standing at the same level I realized how small she was. She was around 4'10, with a very thin body. Me on the other hand, was 5'5, being neither thin nor overweight. Our different heights made the hug awkward, but I smiled at the kind woman as I pulled away.

She led us through the large white doors, into a large entryway. This room was giant, the walls painted a light blue, with the white and grey tiled floors. There was a staircase on the left hand side, paintings lining the wall.

"My dear, you may go up the staircase and turn right. Choose a room of your liking," she said to me, a grin plastered on her face.

"Thank you," I said shyly, heading up the stairs and turning. There were eight doors in that hallway.

I opened the first one, revealing a light pink room with white furniture. Everything else however, was painted bright pink. I crinkled my nose up turning to the next door. I decided I should look through all the rooms and then deciding which room I preferred most. I found a lime green room, with white furniture and a purple window seat. It was nice enough to choose if I didn't like any others. I walked into the fifth room casually, freezing when I looked inside.

There stood Blake, Dressed in just his Dark blue boxers. He was drying his hair with a towel when he spotted me with my mouth dropped open, staring at him.

"Alyssa?" he asked and i tried to answer him. Unfortunately I was too distracted by the fact that he was showing so much skin. I tried to take my eyes off his body, looking at his face instead. His eyebrows were raised, giving me a look that said he knew I'd been checking him out. I was sure I was as red as a tomato.

"Sorry I was just umm looking for a room," I started off and he looked at me questioningly. "Oh uh my house got like a bug problem so uh my dad called his cousin Penelope and I'm I guess she is your mom so um yea here I am. Small world huh?" I rambled off, frowning at how awkward I sounded.

"Um ya, well if you don't mind I'm going to get dressed," he said running a hand through his hair then sent me a devilish smirk. "Sorry to disappoint you but I need some clothes on."

"Oh uh ya makes sense," I quickly muttered, feeling my cheeks go even hotter. I didn't even think that was possible. "I'll just leave, bye," I said, closing the door behind me and leaning against it to catch my breath.

Green room it is.

-----A/N----------

Awkwarddddd.......

Lol VOTE PEOPLE!

VOTE and/or COMMENT! :)

-Naomi