Curl Up And Dye. (Gerard Way x Reader)

The automatic doors of the beauty supply store opened with a whoosh, allowing Gerard to step inside. The cashier extended a cheery greeting and a smile and he responded with a polite hello before walking off to browse through the products.

He wandered up and down the length of each of the aisles, brushing the stray strands of pale blonde hair that had fallen out from his beanie out of his face as his eyes scanned the rows upon rows of make-up and nail polish, searching for the one item he had come here for.

He caught sight of one of the store employee's in his peripheral vision and turned to call out to them. "Excuse me?"

You set down the box of eyeliner you were unpacking and made your way over to Gerard. "How may I help?" you smiled.

Seeing you up close, the singer was caught-off guard by the radiance of your beauty, and his words caught in his mouth.

"Ng."

You let out a short giggle. "I'm sorry, sir, but you're gonna have to speak up a bit."

Mentally facepalming himself, Gerard shifted his weight from one foot to the other and drew in a shaky breath.

"Do you guys have any hair-dye?" he spoke softly.

Nodding in response to his question, you started walking away, gesturing for Gerard to follow you. "Yeah, they're in the hair care aisle. You looking for anything specific? A colour or brand or something?"

"Not a specific brand, no," he shook his head and stuffed his hands in his jacket pockets as he followed you, "But I was thinking of going blue?"

You turned to look at him with a slight tilt of your head before nodding in approval. "Yeah, I could see that. It'd suit you."

"Thanks," he blushed, averting his gaze and scratching the back of his neck.

Tossing him another smile, you turned into the hair care aisle and walked him toward the dyes, extending a hand in showcase of the shelf adorned with colourful boxes.

"Here ya go, take your pick."

"Thank you," he breathed, eyes lighting up and he took a step forward to examine the variety; there were easily over twenty different brands, and he bit his lip as he tried to settle on one, "Do you have any recommendations?"

You arched your brows and cocked your head, placing your hands on your hips as you stepped forward to join him.

"Well, this one's our most popular," you reached out to grab a box of blue L'Oreal dye, "Although I'm not a big fan; I think it dries out your hair."

Gerard watched you intently as you returned the product to its place on the shelf before picking up a different one labelled 'Curl Up and Dye'; his lips parted in surprise.

Noticing his reaction, you laughed. "Don't let the name put you off – I promise it's a really good brand. Not very well known but it works incredibly. It's made with less-harmful chemicals and whatnot; I swear by it," you gushed; it was only then that Gerard caught side of the vibrant streak weaving through your hair.

You offered it for him to take and he accepted, taking it into his hands. He read the inscriptions on the box, pretending to contemplate over whether or not to take it when in reality, he had decided he would be taking it the moment you said that you use it.

After a moment, he looked up at you with a small smile. "I'll take your word for it."

"Good choice," you whispered with a smirk, patting him on the shoulder and walking off before he had the chance to ask for your name.