Chapter 18: She's Gone Forever

I have added a song like the previous chapter. It's saying

'Even if i die to ash,
My love for you will remain alive, And from that ash,
Some flowers will grow up for you,
In my eyes,
The dreams are vanished,
In my soul,
The memories are overwhelming'.

Hope you guys like this chapter

************************************

Their house was simply decorated , a simple wedding with hurry.

"chandru, come out, it is getting late why are you taking this much time, the auspicious time is going to over, come out quickly", sushila banged the door rushingly.

"oh, akka(sister) why are you shouting like this? Don't break the door, I'll come in a minute", shouted chandru.

"no way for that, come out now, look the bride is ready, but you are getting more time than the bride, come out", sushila again knocked the door.

Finally he opened the door muttering something and came out, "how do i look?".

"everything fine, now go and get into the car", sushila rushed everyone.

"just fine, oh come on, i spend one hour for this make up", chandru said by rubbing the dust from his white shirt and dhoti.

"one hour, you spend one hour just to wear this dhoti and shirt, look at the bride, she has to wear the saree and all the ornaments and her hair, but she got ready just in half an hour, oh my god vennila, i feel really bad for you, i wondering how you gonna manage this "late" guy", vennila's neighbour and a close friend roopa mocked at chandru.

Then only chandru lift his head to see vennila and realized that he was really lucky to get a very young beautiful girl like her for him, who is damn old for her. Vennila was wearing a purple color silk saree with golden border. Her make up, hair do, her ornaments everything was simple, yet beautiful.

The other teenage girls and neighbors around him chuckled loudly, because they know that roopa quoted "late" denoting his age. Chandru gave a deadly look at roopa, who stopped laughing suddenly. Vennila never lifted her head up. She was absentmindedly staring the floor.

"oh god, what you all are doing here? Go and get into the car, go, go", sushila rushed them out.

They all got settled in the car. There were two cars, one is a white limo, that was chandru's car, vennila never seen a limo before in her life, but it didn't gave happiness to her, actually it proved how he was cheating everyone for money. It describes his job and all other things. He was a bad guy.

They all headed to the register office. Where it was filled with many politicians, looking like an unwanted guest invited to the marriage. They all are chandru's acquaintance. Vennila was terrified by seeing them. She confirmed that there was no chance to escape from there. She hanged her head down and walked slowly towards the office. While walking, the thunderous laughing of the politicians on the either side make her heart beat fast. For her it was like at last the prey got caught in the hands of the beast. So, the other beasts are celebrating.

They entered the office and the formalities goes on. Then the officer wants them to exchange the floral garland. Chandru puts the garland to vennila, it's her turn. Her hands are clutching the garland tightly, so the petals are crushed and ripped off from the thread. She didn't move a little bit forward, her mother nudged her to put that garland on him. But she was standing there, gritting her teeth. Then her mother pushed her before, she stumbled forward and gave a fierce look at her mother. Her mother gave back a stare and motioned her to do that. She shut her eyes tightly and turn her head on the other side and put that garland in his neck. Then everyone clapped. That makes her sick.