Dead by sunrise

Chester's pov:

When they took Emma away it felt like they took apart of me away too. I went into a dark place again. But I didn't drink or go back to my old bad habits. Cause I know Emma needs me to get her out of jail. My dad is helping her where he can. But things are bad. It's been only 3 days and she is not coping. I did drink a beer or two maybe three just to calm myself. But that's where it stops. I felt lost without her. And every time I visit her. She breaks down. She's having a hard time. 

I was on my way to go visit her. Mike stayed with me to keep an eye on me. But I was mostly in my studio writing songs. Deep, darker and very moodier songs. I knew it won't be stylistically right for Linkin Park. But they were very good. So I don't want to waste it by just keeping it away. So I decided I'm going to see if I can start a new band with some of my old friends I met during the time we were working on Hybrid Theory. 

I get in my Jeep and Mike stops me before I could leave, standing at the door of the Jeep. I open the garage.

"Buddy you know I'm here for you right?" he says.

I nod and try to close the door but he stops it.

"How is she doing?" he asks.

"Not good. Can I go now?" I glare at him.

"Chester don't be like this." Mike says frowning. 

"Just give me some space." I said and he lets the door go.

"Fine. Are you coming to the studio?"

"I got things to do." I said and closed the door.

I start the Jeep and Mike still stands there.

"Can you like fix that thing at the gate?" I asked him. Mike just nods and I drove away. 

I went to the station and they told me to wait for Emma to come out. She comes out and there were more bruises on her face again. Brand new ones. And her hair were short. She reaches me and she looks down. I went to hug her but the guard stops me. 

"No touching." he says. 

I glare at him but back away.

"Are you okay?" 

She shakes her head no not looking at me. 

"Baby girl look at me."

She looks up and she looks bad. There were bruises around her eyes, on her cheeks. Her eyes were red, like she's not sleeping and I could see she is not eating either. I looked down and I noticed she doesn't have her ring on.

"Where's your ring?"

"They took it." she says sighing.

"Who did?" 

"The guards." 

I sighed in anger. 

"I'll get it back." 

"Baby when can I just get out of here?"

"My dad is working on it. And your lawyer is trying everything. We are just waiting for them to decide on a date for us to go to court."

"It's a nightmare in here." she says looking down.

"Just hang in there baby girl."

She nods but I could see the tears in her eyes. 

"Time's up." the guard says. I sighed and she waves at me with tears in her eyes. They take her away but she keeps looking back to me till they take her to the back. I sighed trying to hold my own tears back. I went to go see my dad in his office.