I got the job

Jason and Eddie dropped me off at the apartment and they left. I went upstairs and got my keys out. I opened the door and heard my dad in the living room watching football. I closed the door and saw he was drinking again. I just sighed and decided to ignore him. I walked to my room. But he noticed me.

"Emma. What are you doing here?"

I sighed and turned around putting on a fake smile.

"Hey dad."

He gets up and hugs me.

"Welcome home hun."

"Thanks dad."

I turned around and tried to walk away. But he grabs me on the wrist. And he pulls me back.

"Where are you going Em? Come sit with me."

"Dad please not now."

"What's the matter dear?"

"I'm just not in the mood right now." I sighed and looked to the floor.

"Who hit you on the lip?"

"Um. You did. Last night."

"Oh. I'm sorry honey."

"Dad can you please let me go."

"No come sit with me."

He takes me on my arm and drags me to the couch. He push me on down to the couch and I just sit up.

"How was school?"

"I dropped out."

"What?" he gets up and yells at me.

I got up and step back from him.

"I didn't have any choice dad."

"You always have a choice Emma. I pay a lot of money for you to go to college."

"That's the thing dad. You didn't pay them for 8 months. And I can't pay it. I don't have a job."

"Oh. I'm trying my best to be a dad here."

"That's another thing dad. Maybe you should stop drinking and actually pay attention to what is going on around here." I snapped.

"You will not talk to me that way Emma." He points at me.

"Then start acting like my dad." I snapped.

I turn around and walk away but he comes after me and grabs me on the wrist. He pulls me back and pushed me against the wall. And he holds me on my neck against the wall.

"Dad please." I begged.

"You will not talk to me like this you hear me." he yells.

He lifts up his hand and makes a fist and he punches me on the cheek near my eye. I didn't look back at him. I hold my cheek. He lets me go and he shakes his head. I feel my cheek turning red and tears were in my eyes but I just looked to the floor. He steps away.

"Em I'm sorry." He says in a soft voice.

"Just leave me alone."

I ran to my room and closed the door and locked it. I fell on my bed and I started crying. I got my phone out and decided to call Maddie.

"Hey Em."

"Hey. Can I come to your house?"

"Of course. Are you ok?"

"No. But I'll tell you later."

"Ok. See you later."

I hanged up and I heard my dad leaving the apartment. I got up and wipe the tears away. I took out some clothes and a bag and put some clothes in the bag. Then I changed into a pair of blue jeans with a loose white shirt and a grey hoodie. I put on converse. I went to my makeup dressing table and touch up my makeup. I took out sunglasses and put it on and put my hair up into a ponytail. I put the hoodie over my head and took the bag with the purse I had earlier. I took my iPod and put my earphones in. I put on 'easier to run'. I unlocked my bedroom door and went out of the apartment. I put the purse into the bag and went down the stairs. I went to the subway and went to Maddie's house.

I rang the bell and wait a few seconds. Maddie gets the door. She hugs me tight and I hugged her back and I started crying.

"What happened babe?"

She calls me babe. Weird I know. But it was just something she likes to call me. I took the sunglasses off and showed her my eye. She rolled her eyes and sighed.

"Come in." She holds the door open.

I went inside and took the hoodie off. She closed the door and we went up to her room.

"Do you mind if I stay here tonight?"

"Of course not babe. You can stay as long as you want to."

"Thanks."

My phone rings and I put the bag on the bed and look for it in my purse. I took it out and it was again a number I don't know. But I answered it.

"Emma. Hello?"

"Emma. It's Mike. Chester asked me to call you and tell you that you got the job. You start tomorrow at 10. I'll send you the address."

"Wait. What? I got the job?"

"Yes Emma. See you tomorrow. Don't be late."

"Thank you."

He hangs up and I jumped up and down.

"What happened babe?"

"I'm going to work for Chester Bennington."

"What?"

"He was looking for an assistant and I went to the interview today. I got the job."

She hugs me tight and I hugged her back.

"This is great news babe."

"I know. I'm going to work for the Chester Bennington."

She lets me go and she smiles.

"Shit! I have nothing to wear. I only took one outfit."

"You can borrow something from me babe. Don't worry."

"Thanks Maddie. You're the best."

"I hope you're hungry cause I just made pizza."

"I'm starving. I haven't eaten all day."

"Lets go eat babe."

We went down to the kitchen and we ate.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thank you and please vote.