Don't leave me

I was busy untying Sammy. And I heard Chester screaming. I looked up and then I heard a gunshot. Chester jumps in front of me when the gun went off. The bullet hits him but I couldn't see where. He falls to the floor. And he just laid there.

"NO!" I yelled.

I got up and went to him. Jason was still standing pointing the gun at all of us. I turned Chester around and I saw he was shot in his side. Maddie and Sammy stood there covering their mouths in shock. While Mike is panicking. I covered the wound with my hands and tears were in my eyes. Chester was still conscious and he was groaning in pain. 

"Baby?" I asked, tears running down my cheek.

He takes my hand the one that was on his wound and he holds it tight. He take his other hand and put it on my cheek. He rubs it gently.

"If I don't make it..."

"No. Don't say this. Please. I can't lose you." I said tears running down my face.

"Baby girl... Listen... I love you... And I want you to.... Remember this..." he says. He was in a lot of pain.

I put both my hands on his cheeks making him look at me. He tried hard to stay awake. But he was in a lot of pain, groaning. 

"Don't leave me. Please. I won't make it without you. Please. You can make it. Baby please." Tears running down my face. Mike comes to us and he gets on his knees. He takes Chester's hand.

"Stay with us buddy. Stay awake." Mike says.

"Take care of my girl." Chester says to Mike.

"No baby stay awake. Stay with me." 

He closed his eyes. We heard a siren outside. Jason panic and he runs to the kitchen and went out of the back. Eddie runs after him trying to go get him. I looked at Mike.

"It wasn't me. I didn't call anyone."

"It was me. I called 911." We heard a voice coming into the living room.

I looked up and Lilly was standing in the entrance of the living room. I breathe out a breath of relief.

"You just saved us Lilly." 

She comes closer and she had tears in her eyes.

"Will he be ok?" she asks.

"I don't know." I said tears coming down my face. 

I felt his pulse and there was still one. He was unconscious but he was still alive.

"He still has a pulse."

"Let me help you. We need to get him to the hospital." Mike says. I nod and he helps me to get Chester up. Maddie and Sammy helped too.

Eddie comes back in the house to the living room.

"Jason's gone."

"Let the police handle it." Mike says and Eddie comes to us. 

Eddie shows me that he will help Mike. I stepped away. Eddie and Mike took Chester outside and put him in Mike's car. The police came to us. I told them what happened. Maddie and Sammy said they will take care of the police. And Mike, Eddie and I got in Mike's car and we drove off to the hospital.

We got at the hospital and Mike gets out and he calls some of the nurses to come help. Three nurses came out and Eddie and Mike takes Chester out. I got out of the car and we went with the nurses inside the emergency room. 

"Is this Chester Bennington?" the one nurse asks.

"Yes. Yes it is." I said. 

They took him inside. 

"We'll take good care of him. You guys can just wait outside. One of the doctors will be with you shortly." We nod and they pulled the curtains closed.

Mike, Eddie and I went outside to the waiting room and we sat down. Eddie takes my hand. 

"I'm sorry Em. I didn't know about any of this. With Jason. With dad. I'm really sorry." 

I let his hand go and rest my head in my hands. I just cried. Mike wrap his arm around me and he pulls me in, making me rest my head on his shoulder. 

"He will be okay." he said holding me in his arms. I just cried some more.

There was silence for a while. 

"No way. Chester Bennington was shot." The one nurse said turning the TV louder in the waiting room.

I looked up and it was on the news. 

"Chester Bennington and his girlfriend Emma Johnson has been attacked tonight in their home. While they were having a quiet night with friends. The suspect that attacked them is Jason Adams. The owner of the club High blue. Apparently Jason attacked them because he was jealous of Chester and Emma's relationship. He has been harassing Emma Johnson for many years now. Chester Bennington has been shot and he is in the hospital now. But Jason is on the run. We haven't heard anything from Chester yet. But he is still alive. Doctors are taking care of him now. That's all we have for you about this. We hope and pray Chester makes it." The lady on the news said. 

"Will you be okay Emma? I need to go take care of this." Mike says.

"I'll stay with her." Eddie says.

I just nod. 

"I'll be back later." Mike says.

"Alright." 

He gets up and he leaves. Eddie and I waited in the waiting area. 

I took my phone out and posted a prayer for Chester on his profile. And the fans all comment on it. 

"Em why didn't you tell me about dad?" Eddie asks.

"I thought you didn't care. Just like dad didn't care anymore."

"I do care Em. If you just came to me. I was staying away cause I couldn't handle dad drinking so much. But I didn't expect you to take care of him on your own. You could have come to me Em."

"I was scared Eddie. I didn't know who to turn to. You were always with Jason. And I just thought you didn't care about me."

"I didn't expect this from Jason. He surprised me tonight. I really thought he was my friend." 

"You should be careful with who you trust in this world. The world is a cruel place." I said sighing. "People are cruel. Some people just like to take the best of you."

"Yeah." Eddie says.

"But Chester changed that for me. He made me see who I really am. He made me see for what I can be. He made me see different points of views. He made me realize that no matter how cruel the world is. You just need to believe in yourself and just be who you are. And respect yourself for what and who you are. He let me see that being yourself is okay. You just have to believe in yourself. That's what matters." 

"Yeah." 

"You want to go something to eat. I'm starving." Eddie says.

I nod and we went to the cafeteria to get something to eat.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thank you and please vote.