Chester during the interviews

Chester's pov:

It was 9:30 and we just did 3 interviews. After the 3rd girl left I sighed. Mike closes the door behind her and he comes to the desk.

"I guess she's also not what you're looking for?"

"No. I don't want a Barbie doll. I want something different. Like me. I'm different. I want something like me."

"That's going to be hard to find Chaz."

"There must be someone out there who is different."

"I'll go look. But what if there isn't?"

"Just go." I showed him away.

Mike walks out of the room and leaves the door open.

"Mike." I yelled and he comes back.

"Yes?"

"Look for the odd one."

He laughs.

"Ok Chaz."

He walks out and I sat and wait, tapping on the desk with the pen. Few minutes later a girl comes in and she falls to the floor. I covered my mouth. I didn't want her to see me laughing at her. She flew back up on her feet and I laughed behind my hand. This girl is different. She was well dressed. Not like the other girls I've seen before her.

"Are you ok Ms. Johnson?" Mike asks her.

I could see her blushing from where I was sitting. I smiled.

"Y-yeah. I-I'm fine." She said stuttering, pulling herself together.

I smiled looking down to the desk.

"Come take a seat Ms. Johnson." Mike says to her.

I looked at her and she looks at me. I saw how red she got when she saw me. She clears her throat and makes her way in front of me. My eyes didn't leave her for once. She's beautiful. She sits down and she looks to the floor. But I could see her blushing. Her cheeks turning all red. Mike comes to the back of the desk. I showed him to get her attention. Mike smiles.

"Ms. Johnson this is Chester." Mike says.

I looked at her holding out my hand and smiled at her. She shakes my hand and I could feel it shaking from the nerves. Her hands were ice cold. I smiled.

"H-hi." She says.

"Hi." I replied with a smile.

I let go and show Mike to start.

"Ms. Johnson. I'm Mike."

"Can you just call me Emma, Mike?" she said.

I could hear she was calming a bit.

"Sure. Emma." Mike says.

"Emma tell me why do you think we should hire you to be Chester's assistant?"

"Well... I would do anything he asks me to and what's expected of me."

"Ok." Mike just nods.

I smirked cause it does sound a bit strange. But I could see in her eyes that she was desperate. I took the note pad next to me and I wrote something on the pad.

"I like her. I think she's the one I'm looking for. But lets call her back and see the other girls before I make my final decision." I wrote down and showed it to Mike.

Mike reads the note and nods at me.

"We'll call you Emma if you get the job." Mike says smiling.

She nods and got up. I see her waiting at the door and making her way back to us.

"Please. I really need this job. Please." She said begging.

I looked at her staring for a few seconds. I could see her desperation. I looked down thinking.

"Ms. Johnson. We will call you." Mike says.

"Thanks." She said. I could hear the disappointment in her voice.

I see her walk away and before she could leave I asked her.

"Why do you need this job Emma?"

She turns around and looks at me.

"Cause I had to drop out of college because my dad can't afford it anymore." she said shrugging her shoulders.

"I'm sorry." I felt for her. She reminded me of myself a few years ago.

"Things just didn't work out." She said shrugging her arms.

"We will call you." I said smirking at her.

"Thanks." she slightly smiles

She turns to the door again and opened it and walked out.

"Can we take a few minute break?" I asked.

"Sure." Mike says.

He goes out of the room and tells the people outside to come back in 5 minutes. They all left and I went out and went to the other elevator I pressed the button to the roof. I went on the roof and looked down to see if I can see her. I saw her walking towards the Mercedes-Benz SUV. But I could see she was disappointed. I stood there on the roof for a few more minutes and went back to the room where we are doing the interviews.

Mike was in the room and he looks at me.

"Have you made up your mind?"

"I have yes."

"And?"

I walked to the back of the desk and smiled. I took the note pad and wrote down some words to Mike.  Mike nods and he goes outside.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thank you and please vote.