Chapter 28

Chapter 28

"Today we have come together to witness the joining of these two lives. For them, out of the routine of ordinary life, the extraordinary has happened. They met each other, fell in love and are finalizing it with their wedding. A good marriage must be created. It is never being too old to hold hands. It’s remembering to say I love you every day and it is not just marrying the right person its being the right partner." panimula ng pari nang makarating na sa harapan ang bride na si Mickie.

Nasa harap na ako ngayon sa may gilid ni Mickie. Kasama ko si Isabel at si Nicole na girlfriend ni Lawrence dahil kami ang mga bridesmaid. Habang sa banda naman ni Carlo ay naroroon ang mga groomsman na sina Lawrence, Albert at Edward.

Naptingin ako kay Mickie, bumagay talaga sakanya ang soot niyang gown. Lalong nagpaangat ng ganda niya ang simpleng make up at updo hairstyle niya... Nakita ko pa ang pagpatak ng luha niya. Alam kong dahil yun sa saya at ikakasal na siya sa taong mahal niya.

Ganon rin kasi ako noong ikasal ako kay Edward. Naluluha dahil sa saya... Napatingin ako sa daliri ko soot ang singsing noong kasal namin.

"I-I, Christina Gabriela Amadeous take you Edward Forth Smith to be my husband, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer or for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish all the days of my life... I vow to fight for our marriage when others may say I have to give up, and I will never give up on you.. I vow to make God the center of our lives and our family. I vow to give my whole heart in you, I will care for you, stand beside you and share with you all of life adversities and all of it's joys from this day forward.." nakangiti kong sambit habang napapahikbi sa bawat luhang hindi ko mapigil.

Hinigpitan niya ang pagkakahawak sa kamay ko tsaka ngumiti, "I, Edward Forth Smith take you Christina Gabriela Amadeous to be my beloved wife. To have and to hold you, to treasure you, to love and to cherish you always. I promise to laugh with you in times of joy and comfort you in times of sorrow. I promise to choose you to be no other than yourself, loving what I know from you and trusting what things I will discover. I will respect you as a peron, a partner, and an equal. There is little to say that you haven't already heard, and little to give that is not already freely given. Before you asked me, I was yours Gabriela, and I am devoted to you in every way. As I have given you my hand to hold, so I give you my life to keep..." sandali siyang natigil para lumapit pa sakin, "I love you Gabriela, unconditionally and without hesitation."

"Christina Gabriela Amadeous, do you take this man to be your husband?" tanong ng pari sakin.

Sumulyap ako kay Edward, "I do."

"Do you promise to love, honor, cherish and protect him, forsaking all others and holding only unto him?"

"I do.."

"Edward Forth Smith, do you take tjis women to be your wife?" sunod na tanong ng pari kay Edward.

Napayuko siya. Akala ko ay hindi siya sasagot pero nang tingalain niya ako ay kita ko ang luhang pumatak sa kanang mata niya. Napakagat siya ng ibabang labi tsaka ngumiti, "I do.."

"Do you promise to love, honor, cherish and protect her, forsaking all others and holding only unto her?

"Yes I do, father." diretso na niyang sagot.

Kinuha ng pari ang dalawang singsing na nasa tabi niya, "Wedding rings are an unbroken circle of love, signifying to all the union of this couple in marriage."