Chapter 1

I felt the sun radiating off my body at I kept my eyes closed, listening to the music coming out of my ear buds. I tapped my fingers against the ground as I listened to the piano solo during the bridge of the song. For as long as I could remember music was always there playing in the background of everything. Dinners, movies, in shopping malls, elevators, etc. It was the one thing that I could relate to, It made me feel like the notes were playing through my body.

My head phones were always in my ears. It took me a while to realize that I preferred the bubble I created when I listened to music that separated me from interacting with people at my school. I guess that's why I've never really made any friends, but that didn't bother me.

My headphone was ripped out of my ear cutting off my thought process. I opened my eyes and turned my head to see my sister Tess crouched down to my level, "You have to get ready for your date tonight, get up." She said before standing up. She put her hand out for me to grab so I can stand up.

"Oh you mean the date I didn't agree too but you set me up with anyway? That date?" I said as I fixed my jean jacket on my shoulders. "Besides I would much rather stay here and finish reading the book I started last week."

"Yes that date. You'll have plenty of time for that later, now let's go." She said leading me to the exit of the roof of our apartment building. I looked over my shoulder and saw the dark clouds rolling in.

The first thing you should know about my sister Tess is that she's been trying to set me up with someone since I turned 22 four months ago. She says that I need to find someone to click with even if it just stays friends, I don't agree with her. Tess is only three years older then me so her and I usually do everything together when she's not with her boyfriend Ryan. My sister is one of those lucky girls who met the love of their life in 6th grade and has been dating them ever since.

Tess pulled me along side her until we got to my room and I sat down on the bed. "I swear do you even own anything that shows even just a little bit of skin?" She said. I shook my head as I rolled onto my stomach and searched through one of my playlists to blast.

A bright green dress then landed next to me and I looked down at it. I laughed and shook my head until I realized my sister was serious, "No way, absolutely not."

She groaned, "Come on that color would match these shoes so perfectly, and you can wear your hair up." I shook my head.

"If I remember correctly we're going bowling, not a gala, so I'm not wearing anything like that." I said sitting up from my previous position.

"Fine then what would you wear?" She said as she crossed her arms. I rolled my eyes and stood up to look into my closet.

I pulled out an all black off the shoulder shirt, dark skinny jeans and black open toe heels that are only two inches off the ground. She still had her arms crossed as she looked me up and down. "Not bad actually." I shook my head at her as I continued putting earrings in.

**
It's been two whole hours since the time Tess's match for me was supposed to show up. Tess was frantically making calls, I guess trying to find out where he was but we both knew I was getting stood up. This wasn't the first time one of Tess's set ups stood me up.

Once I watched the clock turn to another ten minutes I stood up from the couch and went to my room to change. I kept on the jeans and threw on a navy t shirt, my black zipper jacket and converse. My mom and Tess both came out from the kitchen to see me, problaby hoping the guy showed up.

"Hun where are you going? It's pouring out." My mom said softly with a sad look on her face.

"For a walk." I said grabbing my wallet out of my purse and shoving it in my pocket. "Don't wait up."

Every Two Weeks // S.MOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara