Chapter 19

Hayden's POV

Hayden wake up

I jolted out of my sleep, shoving the person above me away as I couldn't catch my breath. "Hayden relax, it's just me. I got you..." Shawn said softly placing his hands on my shoulders and guiding me into his arms. Kept my arm on his chest, still keeping the distance between us as I let everything sink in.

It was just a dream

"You're okay," He softly whispered in my ear, pulling me between his legs, letting my back rest against his chest as i started to relax. "I'm so sorry Hay..." Shawn whispered, his lips brushing against my ear before he placed a kiss on the side of my head.

I brought my hand up placing it on his arm, "It's okay... it's not your fault." I brought my other hand up, wiping the wetness off my cheeks.

**
A few hours earlier

Shawn walked out of the bathroom still drying his hands with a small hand towel. I was still frozen on the bed, my legs crossed with his laptop in my lap.

"You alright?" Shawn asked watching me as he closed up his suitcase to put to the side. I just stared at him not knowing what to say.

"What the hell is this?" I said almost as a whisper. I turned the laptop screen towards him so he saw all the band photos and the headshots that I could've went without seeing.

He glanced at the screen for a second and then quickly met my eyes again. "Hayden, I can explain."

"I hope you can because I don't know what to think right now." I said still frozen in my spot.

"I just wanted to know who this guy was,  that's all. I had no idea what he looked like, or what he does and I just wanted to know." He said.

"Why did you need to know? Are you like... planning on going after him or something?" I said frantically.

Shawn quickly shook his head taking a seat on the edge of the bed and placing his hands on arms but I dodged it and stood up off the bed. "What were you going to do when you saw him?"

"I don't know what I was going to do... honestly I didn't. I just wanted to know who this ass was, that's all I swear." Shawn said staring at me with a soft look in his eyes. "I promise I'm not going to go after him."

I didn't know what to say to him as I stared back at him. I could tell by his facial expression that he was telling the truth and that he was sorry. "Are we okay?" He asked gently knowing that this was a touchy conversation.

I nodded, "Just don't do anything stupid Shawn, I swear to god." I said rubbing my hands over my face. "It just needs to be forgotten about."

I saw a slight disappointed look on Shawn's face but he gave me a small nod in agreement. "Come here," He said opening his arms out to me as he leaned against the headboard.

I rested my head on his chest while he wrapped his arms around me and rubbed his hand up and down my arm. "I love you..." He whispered before kissing the top of my head.

"I love you too..." I spoke, my thoughts still wandering around in circles.

**

Saturday morning

Shawn had to leave early with his team to arrive at his interview on time so I decided to work on some homework before he gets back. I was still dressed in my pajamas and had my hair up in a messy bun as I finished the last paragraph of one of my essays.

My phone then buzzed with a new text from Brian popping up on my lock screen.

We're thinking of going to the coffee house down the street if you want to come.