Chapter 11

Shawn's POV

Three days later

Hayden and I haven't spoken about the other night in my room. When she finally opened the door to the bathroom that night she walked past me, getting back in bed and said that all she wanted to do was sleep right now.

It was obvious that she just didn't want to talk about what was wrong but I needed to. I remember my palms sweating from how nervous I was as I waited for her to come out of the bathroom. I didn't know if I did something wrong that she didn't want me to. But she didn't even want to talk about it so it seemed that I wasn't going to find out my answer.

That was three days ago and since then Hayden's been acting extremely distant. Shes barley making eye contact with me, shes not letting me wrap my arms around her like I always do and she's been avoiding kissing me. I could tell she still hasn't been sleeping well because of the dark marks under her eyes. But at night she still has been wanting me hold her close, wrapping my arm around her waist and kissing the top of her head.

Now it was about 6:00pm and we were sitting at my dining table with my parents and Aayliah having dinner together. My mom came to my apartment unexpectedly to cook steak, roasted peppers and mash potatoes for everyone. When my family was around I could tell Hayden was back to herself as if she was taken away from her thoughts. Until her eyes would meet mine and it was back to her brushing me off.

"So Hayden, Shawn's told me that you went to school and got your Fine Arts degree?" My mom said swallowing her food.

Hayden nodded, "Yeah it's only my associates but I'm hoping to get my bachelors or go for something else." Hayden glanced at me and quickly looked away.

"What else do you want to go for?" My dad asked her, drinking from his glass of water.

Hayden gave him a small smile shaking her head, "I'm not sure yet... and I know that's stupid but all I know is that I want to find something else I'm good at." She said.

"That's not stupid," I said softly causing her to glance at me and look back down at her food. My smile faded as I went to take another bite from my plate and catching my mom glancing between the two of us.

"I'll find it eventually," She spoke, twirling her fork in her mashed potatoes.

**

Once dinner was over and my parents left, I changed into comfortable clothes since Hayden and I planned to spend the night just the two of us. As I finished pulling my green hoodie over my head I saw Hayden in the kitchen cleaning the left over dishes in the sink.

I walked over and leaned on the counter next to her, "What are you doing?" I asked, a smile playing on my lips.

"What do you think I'm doing," She said using the same tone from the other night. My smile faded as I picked up the dish cloth and started drying the plates she washed.

"You and Aaliyah seem to be getting pretty close." I tried to change the conversation to lighten the mood but Hayden just nodded. "I think she thinks highly of you."

Hayden furrowed her eyebrows, turning the sink off and looking at me. "Why would you say that?"

"Cause I know my sister and I can hear it in her voice." Hayden bit her lip turning back to the sink to help me dry the plates.

"Shawn your family is really sweet, if you wanted to spend more time with them I wouldn't mind-" I shook my head, placing my hands on her hips and turned her to face me.

"No I don't want that, this is perfect," I said under my breath. My favorite smile of hers was spread across her face as she wrapped her arms around my torso.