Chapter 34

Hayden's POV

The next morning, I glanced at the mirror from over my shoulder, examining all the bruises that covered my body after last night. Multiple purple colored imprints covered my stomach and my back.

Shawn didn't hurt me, he would never lay a finger on me but my skin bruised so easily now, even from his touch. Everything about last night was perfect. The image of us wrapped around each other and his lips against mine were so vivid.

I stood looking in the mirror a moment longer before throwing an oversized hoodie over my head to cover the bruises. I took in a shaky breath, leaning against the cold marble counter as Shawn waited outside the door for me.

"You can do this Hayden." I whispered, looking at myself. I felt like I could puke any second from how much anxiety I had built up to take Shawn back to the airport.

"Please do this Hayden." I whispered softly to myself again, biting down on my bottom lip to stop my eyes from brimming with tears. I took a quick deep breath in before opening the bathroom door without a second thought.

Shawn was sitting on the edge of the bed scrolling through his phone. He glanced up from his screen to me and smiled. I looked away reaching for his t-shirts that I folded for him and stuffed them into his small duffel bag he brought.

Shawn stood from the bed, walking up behind me as I continued to pack his bag for him. My breath hitches in my throat when he placed his hands at my waist.

"You don't have to do that," He whispered softly, his breath hitting against my ear. He gently brushed my hair to one side as he leaned down to place his lips against my neck. I gave into him for a minute, turning my head to give him more access to my neck but quickly snapped back to reality and shrugged as I continued to throw his belongings in the bag.

"How's your tattoo feeling?" He asked, sitting down next to his bag while I continued packing so he could see my face. I tucked my hair behind my ear before packing his song writing journal.

"It feels pretty okay," I responded honestly. Shawn stood up making me quickly glance up at him and see what he was up to.

"Can I see it?" Shawn asked innocently as he placed his hand on my arm, making me roughly zipper up his duffle and take a step back from him.

"Come on, I just got changed. I checked it out, it was fine Shawn." I said trying to sound annoyed about wanting to take off my hoodie. I turned away from Shawn placing his bag on the desk in the room and sighed to myself, feeling like my anxiety was going to explode out of my chest.

"Is everything okay?" Shawn asked quietly, reaching for my hand as he walked up behind me.

"You're acting funny." He stood next to me waiting for a response as I couldn't bring myself to look at him. Shawn gently raised my hand up, placing his soft lips against my knuckles as his eyes were focused on me, waiting for an answer.

I shook my head, my guilt consuming me. "You're going to be late, I need to get you out of here before Andrew kills me." I said clearly sounding defeated.

Shawn seemed to understand as he pulled me into his chest, wrapping his long arms around my body. I leaned into him, resting my cheek against his warm chest, enjoying the comfort of his embrace. Shawn planted a long kiss on the top of my head, making me squeeze a handful of his sweatshirt in my hand.

"I'll be home soon," He broke the silence as he continued to hold me. Shawn always read me like a book. He always seemed to know exactly when something was wrong without me having to say it but this time he didn't know that our time away from each other was going to be much longer.