Chapter 24

Hayden's POV
A few days later

Shawn's friends and I were sitting in the lounge on the tour bus playing video games on Brian's game cube. I was currently spread out on the couch and under a blanket as I rested the remote on my chest. Shawn was out in the middle of an interview with a radio station but was supposed to be back any minute.

"You seriously need to stop cheating!" Ian said pissed off as he shoved Matts shoulder. I chuckled as I watched them bicker on the floor while we all crossed the finish line in Mario go kart.

"Maybe you just need some more practice," Brian joked from next to me. "Now what course do we want to play?"

Brian glanced at me, knowing I haven't spoken much because I still wasn't feeling well. But I knew they only invited me to play with them because Shawn asked them to keep an eye on me.

"I'm gonna just watch the next game," I said placing my controller on the floor and tucked my blanket under my neck.

"Do you want me to get you anything? I can make you some breakfast if you're hungry." Brian asked watching me closely. I shook my head and mumbled a 'thank you' to him while I felt like I was going to fall asleep any second again.

**

I woke up to the feeling of my legs being moved. I opened my eyes and saw Shawn looking guilty as he slowly placed my legs across his lap. "I'm sorry I didn't want to wake you up, you seemed really tired. How are you feeling?" He asked leaning forward to place a kiss on my forehead and feel my temperature again.

I shrugged, "Same as this morning... I think its just a cold or something I should be better tomorrow." He brushed my messy hair out of my face and gave me a small smile.

I then picked his hand up and dropped it back in his lap far away from me. "Which you sir should be staying away from me, you have multiple shows this week."

He smiled again, "You just let me worry about taking care of you alright?" I shook my head at him before he spoke again. "Speaking of I made you tea and breakfast. Brian said you haven't eaten a thing all day and if I remember correctly you didn't eat dinner last night either."

I looked over at the end table next to me that had a steaming cup of tea and a plate of scrambled eggs and toast. I glanced back at him and he had a serious expression across his face as he took a sip of his own cup of tea, "I'm not leaving until you eat something."

"Who said I wanted you to leave?" I joked but he didn't seem amused. He reached over placing his mug on the end table and then rested his hands on my legs that laid on top of his lap.

"I'm really worried about you babe, it's been three days. All you do is sleep and I feel like you're getting worse everyday. I think we should call a doctor to just come and check you out so you can start feeling better." I shook my head as I started to shift my position so I could sit up more but I was too tired to move.

"Shawn I'm telling you its just a cold or allergies, I'm going to be fine in a few days. Besides I freaking hate doctors, they freak me out." I said with a quiet laugh but Shawn still didn't seem to budge. "Babe look at me..."

Shawn met my eyes and I shook my head, "I'll be as good as new in a few days." Shawn nodded leaning over and kissing my head again.

I then forced myself to sit up and lean against Shawn's side as my body ached. I sighed for a moment which Shawn noticed right away. He reached for the plate on the end table and held it out to me, "What if you have the flu?" He asked tucking a strand of hair behind my ear, making himself worry again.

"Then you really should stay the hell away from me," I joked as I chewed a bite from the toast he made.

**