Chapter 36

Shawn's POV
Two Weeks Later

"Look I know you're not going to listen to me but can you please just not break your back." Brian said annoyed as he pulled some of the weights off of my bench press. I sighed, wiping the sweat off my forehead and sitting up as Brian adjusted the amount of weight I was lifting.

Brian's been trying to help keep me focus on something that wasn't related to Hayden and that was the gym.

We've been going every morning the past two weeks, every single day at the crack of dawn. Some days we wouldn't even talk, we'd just spot each other without a single word and he was okay with that. There were good days and bad days but there was still never a single day she didn't cross my mind, and I hated myself for it.

Brian always gave me space when he noticed I needed it on those bad days. He was one of the only people I could tolerate being around lately because he wouldn't mention her unless I brought it up, which I rarely ever did. Everyone else would try to give me advice on how to move on and how put myself out there again, but I wasn't sure I was ready for that yet.

Every time I thought about letting my friends set me up with someone it just didn't feel right. It felt forced, like I would be pretending to be enjoying myself when it really sounded like a nightmare.

"Look..." Brian said, sounding much calmer. These past few days have been some of the hardest and I think he knew that, even if he didn't straight up tell me. He seemed to constantly try to keep me busy, and moving so my mind didn't wander off. Most of the time it worked, but today it hasn't.

"I want to try something new today. Come with me." Brian said, turning around and heading to the other side of the gym. I followed him through the corridor into a different room.

"Here, put these on." He said throwing a pair of black boxing gloves at my chest. I furrowed my eyes in confusion as I looked around the gym. People were being trained while jumping rope, boxing in the ring and using the punching bag.

Brian stopped by the empty punching bag, holding both sides of it in front of him. "Come on, whenever you're ready."

"Bri, I don't box." I said, shrugging my shoulders as I looked around the room feeling out of place. Brian patted the punching bag, wanting me to start practicing completely disregarding what I just said.

"Well today you do. Today you're more distracted than ever, if you don't release that anger out you're just going to let it follow you." Brian said, shrugging his shoulders back at me. I rolled my eyes annoyed that this is how the morning was going all I wanted to do was crawl into bed.

Brian then shoved the punching bag in front of him, causing it to hit into my side making me stumble backward. "What was that for?" I questioned, sounding more angry.

He did it again, even harder this time. His plan was working because it did set me off, so I shoved it back at him but he caught it.

"Punch Shawn." Brian said sternly. I listened not only to make him feel better but because I felt like breaking something. After one hit, I quickly threw another. Then another one even harder as my anger started rising to the surface. Everything rushed through my mind over the past month.

The break up.

The album.

The tour.