Chapter 37

Hayden's POV
One month later

I abruptly woke up in the middle of a deep sleep feeling like my chest was on fire. My eyes wandered to the clock as I tried to take in a deep breath, seeing that it was past 2am. I gasped for air as the pain increased and it was clear to me that I couldn't breathe.

I thankfully remembered Jordan and Deb were sleeping in the living room, staying the night because we lost track of time. I pushed the junk off my nightstand, including my lamp, my clock, my phone and photographs. The loud crash filled the room and I only hoped that it woke one of them up.

I gripped my sweatshirt in my hand over my chest, wanting to scream from the pain but I couldn't taken in any air. Jordan then swung the door open running into the room with Deb on his tail.

They were both trying to talk to me but I couldn't comprehend anything they were saying as tears slipped down my cheeks. Their mouths were moving a mile a minute but I couldn't understand anything. Jordan brought over the oxygen tank the hospital sent home with me, covering the mask over my face as Deb was on the phone.

Jordan then put the tank over his shoulders and lifted me up in his arms. He quickly made his way out of the apartment and onto the main floor of the building. I watched his mouth move like he was trying to talk to me but I had no idea what he was saying. My eyes started to feel heavy as the warm summer air hit my skin, letting me know we were outside.

"Hey! You gotta stay with me Hayden." I actually heard Jordan say, making me look up at him. He rushed down the street and I had no idea where he was headed or what was even going on around me anymore. Before I knew it everything went dark.

**
Shawn's POV

It helped.

Getting closure with Hayden, no matter how much it hurt, it helped lessen the heartbreak I was feeling. We didn't leave on bad terms anymore, we had a proper goodbye.

Even though I believe that I'll always have feelings for her, something about that night helped lessen the pain that I believed was permanent. I was still heartbroken and my anxiety has been terrible but seeing her one last time mended something for me.

"So two Friday's from now is the official date!" Teddy said as she walked into the room dancing. Brian's and Geoff cheered and clapped which echoed throughout the studio.

I chuckled, "What are you guys talking about?" Oblivious to what was going on.

"The release of In My Blood!" Geoff said, patting my back next to me as he took a sip of his beer in front of him.

"I-I didn't realize it was that soon." I responded seeing everyone crack open new beers to celebrate. "I mean the album isn't completely recorded."

"Shawn, everything's written perfectly. The setlist is great. You're ready for this, this is going to be your best album yet. Everything is perfect." My stomach turned not realizing how fast everything was happening.

After I last saw Hayden, it was like I couldn't stop writing down lyrics. The words kept flowing out of me after facing my emotions with her that I finished the album. I took Teddy's advice and wrote about my truth, no matter how terrified I was to share them.

"T-there's one more song I want to add at the end of the album." I said making everyone freeze especially Teddy.

"What do you mean? Why didn't you say this sooner?" She asked putting her beer down on the table.

"I didn't know I wanted to add it, but now I think I do." I said running my thumb over the top of the glass bottle in my hand.

"Just one?" Teddy questioned and I nodded. "Alright, I can schedule another recording but I don't think we'll have time to add anything else."