Chapter 3

For the past week and a half, every time I thought about Shawn my blood boiled. I felt humiliated and embarrassed when I think about our conversations from Chips.

Even though many of my questions for him have now been answered, I feel more distant from him than when I first met him. Just thinking about the two separate worlds we both live in, makes my heart quicken and not in a good way. Now I'm aware that nothing would go past that one perfect night with him.

"Do you want to go see a movie tonight?" Deb asked. She was walking along side me as we walked through Central Park.

"Not tonight." I mumbled. I heard her sigh which caused me to turn my head and look at her. She kept her gaze away from me and spoke up again.

"Well what about if we went to check out the new exhibition at the Whitney?" I shook my head.

"Why don't you take Jordan?" I suggested as I continued to stare at the ground as we walked.

"You've been out of it for over a week now? You seem pissed off everyday and from what your sister has been saying is that your hiding yourself in your room again. What's going on?" I shook my head once she was finished.

"Nothing-" I started to say still shaking my head.

"Bullshit, you've been acting weird all week." Deb said stopping on the path looking like she was ready to yell at me. She went to speak again when her eyes widened.

"Oh my gosh! It's tonight isn't it?" She whispered waiting for my answer.

I rolled my eyes, turning my back to her and continued walking. Deb caught up next to me and she had a big smile on her face. "You're supposed to meet with Prince Charming tonight aren't you?"

I shook my head, "No one will be meeting anyone tonight."

Deb was quiet for a minute as she tried to keep up with me. "So you're going to stand him up."

"You say that as if he wasn't going to stand me up. It was just all a big joke." I mumbled. Deb furrowed her eyebrows.

"What are you talking about?" She asked.

I shook my head, "It's not important. Besides I already promised my mom that I would go to that dinner with the Kelly's tonight." Deb gave me a sad smile but let the conversation drop.

We walked around for another 15 minutes and then headed towards H&M. We both browsed the clothing racks seeing what we could find.

"What about this one?" Deb asked as she held up a red maxi dress to her body. "I mean this problaby isn't my color right?"

"Why not? I think that goes great with your hair color." Deb had light brown hair with highlights in it, which showed against the color of the dress.

"Let me try it on." Deb said as she heading towards the direction of the fitting rooms. I laughed and started to follow her as I heard the familiar voice playing on the speakers.

I thought that I've been hurt before
But no one's ever left me quiet this sore
Your words cut deeper then a knife
Now I'll need someone to breathe me back to life

Got a feeling that I'm going under
But I know that I'll make it out alive
If I quit calling you my lover
Move on

You watch me bleed until I can't breathe
Shaking, falling onto my knees
And now that I'm without your kisses
I'll be needing stitches
Tripping over myself
Aching, begging you to come help
And now that I'm without your kisses
I'll be needing stitiches