Chapter 27

Hayden's POV

I slammed my bedroom door closed as I decided to change into sweats and crawl into bed. All I wanted to do right now was lock myself in my room for the day so I could get my head on straight.

But then there was a light knock on my bedroom door. I didn't answer hoping whoever it was would get the hint but then Tess slowly opened the door. At first she leaned against the door frame not saying a word for a few moments before she broke the silence.

"Do you want to talk about it?" She asked. I glanced at her through my dresser mirror and I could tell she was pitying me.

"Not really." I answered more harshly then I wanted to. I looked away opening up my draws and pulling out one of Shawn's hoodies that smelled like him.

"Mom said the doctor had only positive things to say-" Tess started saying but I immediately cut her off. I pulled the sweatshirt over my head and looked at her through the mirror again while tying my hair up in a bun.

"I don't really think finding out you have a tumor is positive feedback Tess." I said looking through the mirror at her. She sighed crossing her arms as she still stared at me.

"You know what I meant. The medication he prescribed said that it will shrink the tumor enough that it wouldn't be a risky procedure to remove it-" I uruptly cut her off again, not wanting to talk about this right now.

"Tess, it's fucking chemo medication. I don't really believe you can make any positive news out of this, so please just stop." I said the stress clear in my voice. She was quiet as she continued to watch me get ready to lay in bed.

"Maybe you should give Shawn a call, you'd feel better if you talked about this with someone especially him Hayden. He would want to know, he would want to be here with you." Tess said and I felt even more frustrated thinking about Shawn.

I roughly slammed my dresser draw shut before I spoke, "He has a show tonight!" I responded harshly. My perfume bottles all toppled over as the draw slammed loudly, shaking the whole dresser. "Besides, he doesn't need a distraction right now! He doesn't fucking need this in his life."

"Hayden-" Tess said walking into my room and placing her hand on my shoulder. I immediately pushed away from her not wanting to be touched.

"Tess can you just please get out of my room!" I yelled. She reached out for me again but I shook my head, stepping out of her grasp. "Just get out of my room!" I said even louder.

She slowly walked out, closing the door behind her. I stood in the same spot, my chest moving rapidly as I had so much anxiety consuming me. I eventually sat down on the edge of my bed, running my hands over my face.

My eyes scanned over to my night stand, seeing the stack of photos that Shawn once flipped through. I reached over, grabbing the one off the top and brushing my thumb along the print.

Shawn was bundled up in his winter coat, his bright pink in his cheeks present in the photograph, hinting at how cold it was that night. Both of his hands were filled with our favorite hot chocolate from chips and one of them was clearly spilling as he tried to move away from my camera, causing me to capture him as he laughed.I closed my eyes when they started to fill with water and the tightness in my throat was more prominent.

You're not going to cry.

I said to myself, taking deep breaths. My phone then beeped, letting me know I had a new text. I sighed picking up my phone, expecting it was from my mom to come downstairs but it was Shawn.

Hey... you've been quiet today, I miss you❤️ I'm sorry I couldn't stay, I haven't stopped thinking about it all day and I'm really sorry. You know I would do anything to spend as much time as I could with you. I love you.