Chapter 31

Hayden's POV

I couldn't even tell which camera I was looking at while Shawn and I were both being blinded by the flash on the red carpet. Shawn kept his arm wrapped around my waist as he posed with his other hand in his pocket. He looked like a natural, as he had a genuine smile spread across his face. As for me, I felt like I had to be blinking in every photo.

In the corner of my eye, I saw Shawn's head turn down in my direction. I glanced up at him, making the cameras go off even faster. Shawn smiled at me, softly squeezing my hip to make sure I was okay. I gave him a reassuring smile before I watched his eyes wander behind me and his hand soon left my hip.

For a second I thought he was leaving me, which made me slightly panic but then I realized he was just walking around me to flare out the bottom of my dress. He neatly spread out the train before hopping over it to be at my side again.

I couldn't help but smile at his sweet gesture. Once his eyes met mine again, I reached up onto my toes to meet his lips. We apparently got a rise out of the photographers, as they started shouting different poses for us but instead Shawn cupped my cheek to kiss me one more time.

**

"How you guys doing over here?" Andrew asked, checking in on us as he walked over.

Shawn, Brian, Geoff and I were all standing off to the side of the red carpet for a minute. Taking a breather from greeting everyone, being interviewed and photographed.

"We're good, did you find out where we are sitting?" Shawn asked trying so hard not to run his whole hand through the curls his stylist just fixed for him. Shawn stood behind me, with his hands wrapped around me waist and my back pressed into his chest.

"Yeah, you'll be on the left side, closer to the front of the stage." Andrew said and Shawn nodded calmly.

"Closer to the stage?" I questioned feeling nervous as I looked at Andrew. Shawn's fingers grazed my arm before he intertwined our hands together.

"We all just have to sit there and clap, there's nothing to be nervous about." He spoke before kissing the back of my hand. I nodded in agreement letting his words sink in to ease my nerves.

"Oh my gosh, Hayden right?!" We all heard from behind Geoff. We all turned wondering who here knew me, since I haven't met many of Shawn's friends in the industry.

Once Geoff stepped out of the way, I realized it was Drew Taggart. The fan girl side of me was freaking out that he remembered my name but also humiliated because I was plastered the night I met him.

Shawn groaned in annoyance, loud enough for only me and Andrew to hear. I lightly hit Shawn's chest as Drew was walking closer to our little group.

"Be nice," I mumbled to Shawn before smiling at Drew. Surprisingly, Drew opened his arms to engulf me in a hug which I was a little taken back by.

"It's so great to see you again," I said politely, hugging him back and immediately noticing the strong scent of weed radiating off of him.

Once I pulled away Shawn placed his hand on my back. "Hey man," Shawn said, holding his hand out for Drew to shake.

"Wow so you guys really are dating," Drew responded, making Shawn slide his hand down my back and around my waist.

"Yeah, we weren't as public the night you guys met." Shawn chimed in, adding a fake laugh.

"I'm happy for you guys, it was so nice to see you both again. We'll have to catch up later!" Drew said as his publicist was calling his name. Drew nodded to us, letting his eyes linger on mine a moment longer.