Chapter 41

Shawn's POV
Two days later

I've been at the hospital for a full week and had to cancel four shows already. Everyday when I woke up and remembered what's happened and where I am, I'm filled with complete anxiety all over again.

So Geoff and Andrew both decided that it would be a good idea to fly out to New York to talk about the next step from here and what's really going on. They booked a hotel to stay for a few days, bringing me an extra bag of clothes. I asked them if we could have a meeting in the cafeteria of the hospital Hayden is in to talk about everything that's been on all our minds. They agreed to everything and seemed so understanding about this confusing situation.

I stuffed my hands in my pockets, as I was currently approaching Andrew and Geoff in the cafeteria where I asked them to meet me. They had their own table off to the side saved with their laptops opened in front of them.

I smiled when I saw they brought Brian along with them and they all stood up to greet me. I couldn't help but notice how prepared Andrew seemed with his computer placed in front of him and both of his phones like he already knew what I was going to say.

"How are you man? How's Hayden doing?" Brian asked first, sitting beside me. Everyone seemed quiet as they waited for a response.

I gave him a slight smile, "I'm fine, Hayden's doing okay. She hasn't signed up for the trail yet, but I'm hoping to talk to her about it today."

Brian nodded letting me know he understood and so did the others. We were silent for another moment and I knew it was now or never so I had to be the first to speak up.

"We need to talk about the tour..." I said as Geoff and Andrew nodded in agreement. I sighed, knowing this was a hard decision but I felt like all the weight on my shoulders was starting to consume me and I needed to take a step back.

The air felt thick as everyone kept their gaze on me, waiting for me to continue. I shook my head, biting my lip, as the stress continued to eat at me. I leaned back in my chair, my leg bouncing, trying to convince myself this is the right decision before I officially said it aloud.

Andrew leaned forward on the table noticing my hesitation, "Shawn, sometimes things don't work out as it's planned. Life isn't made that way, so I understand that sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do. So just say the word and I'll fix it... but whatever you decide we all have your back." He gave me a reassuring smile, Geoff and Brian nodding in agreement to support me.

I shook my head in defeat, feeling how drained I emotionally felt after these last few days. Everything changed so fast that it was so hard to make sense of it all. But for some reason this was the only thing I felt sure about right now.

"I have to cancel the tour."

**
Hayden's POV

Today my family was visiting and they all were sitting in the hospital room, keeping me company on a yucky and rainy day. My dad had Friends playing from the tv in the room as I sat on the couch with my mom. We were all laughing at a joke my dad made about Joey's style in the show when there was a soft knock on the open door.

"Come in," My dad said politely. I sat up straighter, tightening my cardigan from around me, thinking it was going to be the nurse checking on me again but to my surprise it was Shawn.

He slowly turned the corner, to the area we were all sitting in the private room. He smiled lightly when he saw the room was packed with my family. Shawn was dressed in an oversized black sweatshirt and dark jeans but in his hands he held a stuffed lion that was the size of his torso.