14: Grillin'

I move my hair over my shoulder, out of the way, as I fix Mae's arm floaties on her. Most of us were out back, either swimming, grilling or just kickin' it. Tasha, the kids, the guys and I were just having a little time as a family.

I still didn't know where Brittany was and, at this point, I really didn't care either. I was content with taking care of my family and watching my kids grow. I was a little happy that there wasn't any drama around, right now.

"So... when are we gonna be tryin' on dresses for the wedding?" Tasha asks, in a lawn chair next to me, as Mae jumps in the pool, with Andre to catch her.

"I don't know." I sigh, sitting back and taking a sip of my drink. "Who picked the beer?" I ask with a disgusted look on my face.

"Ace. I think..." Tasha said, unsure of herself.

"God, last time we let him do that." I set the bottle down.

"Mommy, Mama, watch me! Watch me!" Mae cheered, as she jumped into Andre's arms again.

"Look at my princess go." I hyped.

"Finna be in the Olympics. Oof." Tasha shouted to her, smiling.

"What colors were you thinking for dresses?" I ask.

"I don't know. Blue... maybe?" She sighs, as we both watch Mae.

"What does Mars want?" I inquire.

"He doesn't really care, as long as it happens." Tasha laughs a little.

"Ight. I can see that." I nod, looking over at Kells as he walks over to us.

"What can we help you with, Delicious?" Tasha flirted playfully.

"Foods almost done." He informed.

"Okay." I smile at him, then see the bottle next to me. "Oh, baby..." I say, as he starts to walk away.

"Yeah?" He turns, looking at me.

"Can you get me a drink I would like?" I smile innocently.

"Yeah. What do you want?"

"Do we have any cold water?" I look at him.

"I'll get you a water." He shakes his head walking away.

"If I wasn't cuffed and you weren't my best friend, I would be all over that." Tasha smirks.

"He claims that he's gonna marry me." I smile.

"Oooooo, Girl. You betta go, M... Or should I say Mrs. Baker?" Tasha mocked, causing me to roll my eyes. "Y'all smash, yet? Well... Since the first date."

"Yeah. Twice." I nod.

"Bitch, when?" She looks at me.

"Right after he bailed me out of jail and then the day I got a promotion, at work." I answer, as he walks back over.

"Here." He hands me a cold water bottle.

"Thank you, baby." I smile, taking it.

"Well..." Tasha continues. "Did it get better?"

"I don't really know, yet. It was more of the feeling you get when you haven't had it in a long time, but you had, but it wasn't what it was supposed to be, and then it suddenly was." I explained, struggling to open my water. "Goddamn."

"Here. Lemme." Kells took the bottle and opened it for me.

"Thank you." I sighed.

"What y'all talkin' bout?" Mr. Baker looked at us curiously.