🔸Shot 106 ~ Pieces II🔸

EDDIE'S POV

He kissed me again and I giggled, perfectly content in his arms.

"Come on, Eds" he smiled, flashing his perfect white teeth. "Let's go get you something to eat"

I smiled and he kissed my cheek before throwing away the cotton pads and putting the medical stuff away. I looked in the mirror and felt my lip, wincing a little.

He held me from behind and nuzzled his face in my neck.

"You look beautiful, Eds. Don't worry"

I craned my neck to kiss him and he kissed back, holding me tighter.

"Come on, baby" he chuckled. "Time for food"

--

Richie took me out for dinner at a local steakhouse. God, did a steak, potatoes, and a milkshake taste so good. But it didn't feel as good as when Richie reached across the table and held my hand.

I smiled as I gazed into his chocolate eyes and he inevitably grinned, his crimson cheeks glowing with joviality.

When he didn't look away for two straight minutes, I chuckled.

"What?" I asked.

"Nothing" he laughed. "You're just...one date...one damn date and it feels amazing with you. And I've been on so many with Beverly, but, they don't nearly hold a candle to this. I just don't know how I got so lucky. You're so beautiful, inside and out, Eddie, how I am this lucky?"

I blushed and kissed his hand.

"I don't know, how did I get this lucky?"

He blushed as he laughed with me and I took a sip of my milkshake.

"Want a sip?" I offered.

He leaned and was just about to take a sip when we were cut off.

"Richie? Eddie?" Beverly questioned excitedly. "What are you guys doing here!"

Richie immediately flew back in his seat as Beverly approached us.

"Oh, uh, hey babe" he rubbed the back of his neck.

"Hey!" she kissed his cheek and I winced. "What're you guys doing here?"

She glanced at me.

"Oh my God, what happened?!" she questioned worriedly.

"I'm fine, Bev" I chuckled dryly. "Just got roughed up a bit"

"I saved his life, babe" Richie explained proudly, but rolled the word over his tongue bitterly, like calling her babe was revolting.

I smiled. He really does love me.

"Eddie? Ed, did you hear me?" Beverly interrupted my thoughts.

"O-Oh. Sorry, what?"

"I said what happened exactly? Are you okay?"