🔸Shot 66 ~ Polar Opposites🔸

im_an_assbutt thank you so much for this idea! ~Jae👑

° ° ° °

EDDIE'S POV

I walked briskly through the doors of the all too familiar library and took a deep breath. I inhaled the fresh smell of books and parchment.

My love for books may have awarded me with only two friends, but I guess I prefer it that way. I'm comfortable with my sweaters and books and talks with Beverly and Stan.

Whom, speaking of which, plopped themselves down next to me as soon as I settled into my quiet self in the back of the library.

"New book today, Ed?" Stan queried with a warm smile.

"Hey Stan" I smiled back. "Yeah, I actually found a Stephen King book I haven't read yet"

"Which one is it?"

"It"

"What is it?"

"No, Stan, the book is called It"

"Oh" he chuckled, and I laughed with him.

"What's so funny?" Beverly questioned with a cock of her eyebrow and her signature grin.

"Nothing" we chortled simultaneously.

"Okay, you goofs, did you guys start on the project for Mr. Wilkins yet?"

"Yeah, I have my paper right he-" Stan started, but stopped abruptly when he lifted his curly head.

I followed his gaze with my puzzled one and our eyes landed on a tall boy studying a book in his hands. He sported a red and gold letterman jacket and short reddish-brown hair.

His kind blue eyes scanned the pages carefully as Stan's caramel eyes were fixated affectionately on him.

Bill Denbrough.

"Stan?" Beverly questioned. "You still with us?"

"I'll be right back" he muttered without breaking eye contact.

Beverly and I giggled as he strode over to Bill. Bill greeted him with a warm smile, and although their conversation was inaudible to us, we could tell they were happy.

Bill said something to make them both laugh, and Stan touched his arm gingerly.

"Aaaand we've lost him" Beverly quipped.

I scoffed before averting my eyes and returning to my book.

"You okay, Eddie?" she asked gently.

"Yeah, just a little jealous of Stenbrough over there" I answered, gesturing to the two boys flirting in the corner of the room.