🔸Shot 29 ~ Habits🔸

Teenage Reddie

WARNING - SWEARING

° ° ° °

THIRD POV

"Phooo" Richie exhaled, a cloud of smoke pericing the air and intoxicating Eddie's nostrils.

"You know I hate when you smoke, Rich" the smaller boy protested and waved away the smoke."They're cancer sticks, anyway. They'll kill you"

"My lungs, Eds" the taller boy shrugged and wrapped an arm around Eddie.

"Yeah, well, it's my lungs, too. There's a such thing as second hand smoke, asshole"

"So...go stand over there for a minute" Richie pointed.

"No" Eddie pouted and turned his head.

Richie smiled triumphantly as he took another drag on his cigarette.

"I'm serious about the cancer part, Richie. It's even worse when you start young"

"No big deal, Eds" he shrugged it off and stomped the cigarette out.

"It is to me" Eddie mumbled, and turned away from the tall, rebellious boy. "I don't want to lose you to cancer, of all things"

"I can smoke if I want, Eddie" Richie snapped, "Jesus, not like I can help it, my lungs would still be shit from second hand even if I never actually smoked one"

"Oh....sorry, Richie..." Eddie said when realization set in.

Richie sighed regrettably and turned Eddie around to face him. He cupped Eddie's red face in his hands gently as he spoke softly to the boy he loves.

"Look, I'm sorry I snapped, I shouldn't have yelled at you. It's just...I guess I was hoping if my parents saw me taking their nasty habit, they might notice me for once"

"Richie-"

"I know, I know, it's stupid. And I don't need them, they can go fuck themselves, but they just make me feel so worthless...I mean, I guess I am, trash just like them, I just-"

The smaller boy heard enough of Richie's self-loathing and pulled the taller boy in for a kiss, ignoring the smoky taste settled on his boyfriend's lips.

"E-Eddie?" he blushed when they pulled away.

"I love you, Richie. Okay? I love you, and I don't want to hear your self-loathing. I don't care what anyone says or thinks, you're a great guy, Richie. The best, and I love you a lot. So please, stop trying to prove your parents wrong and stop thinking nobody loves you because I do. Bill loves you, Mike loves you, Ben loves you, Beverly adores you, even Stan loves you"

Richie chuckled at the last part, and pulled Eddie into his embrace. Eddie snuggled into his chest as the tall boy held him. A tear fell from his eye and landed on Eddie's cheek.

"Are you okay, Richie?" he asked gently, furrowing his eyebrows.

"Yeah" he sniffles and smiles down at Eddie, "I just...I feel like such a dick. You're always here for me when I need you Eds and instead of listening to you, I sit here like an asshole thinking about what assholes think when I could be listening to you"

"You are a Trashmouth, Richie"

"Thanks, Eds" he scoffs.

"But you're my Trashmouth" Eddie smiles, and Richie smirks.

"I understand how you feel, Rich. And I'm always going to be watching your ass. Just try to forget those assholes, okay? You have me and the other Losers"

"Thanks, Eds...so you look at my ass?" he smirks teasingly.

"Way to ruin the moment, Richie" Eddie rolls his eyes.

"Sorry" Richie chuckles, and Eddie shakes his head and smiles, unable to resist the boy he loves.

They stare at the sky peacefully as Richie walks Eddie home.

"I love you, Eddie" Richie admits with a smile.

"I love you too, you goof"

° ° ° °