🔸Shot 74 ~ Concert🔸

° ° ° °

RICHIE'S POV

I couldn't help but smirk the entire drive to Eddie's. We finally have a chance to see each other, alone and outside of school.

I slowly approached his house and stalled the car. I climbed out quietly and tiptoed to Eddie's bedroom window. Like a fucking rom-com, I threw a stone at his window.

He appeared a moment later with a bright smile and covertly opened his window.

"Hey, Eds!" I whisper-yelled jovially.

"Hey, Rich" he whispered back. "I'm coming down"

"Okay" I nodded, and took a step back.

He cautiously climbed out of his window and onto the roof, then jumped down where I caught him in my arms. He smiled jovially at me as I smirked down at him.

"Hey Eddie"

"Hey"

I kissed his forehead and pulled him into my arms. He let out a contented sigh as he wrapped his arms around me.

"I missed you" he whispered.

"I missed you too Eds" I chuckled softly. "And look what I got"

He pulled away slightly so that I could reach into my back pocket. I pulled out concert tickets and his eyes and smile widened.

"No way! You actually got the James Bay tickets?!" he exclaimed excitedly.

I chuckled and kissed his forehead.

"Yep" I confirmed. "One for me, and one for your mom"

"Nice" he scoffed, and I laughed as he pushed my shoulder.

I wrapped an arm around his shoulder and guided him to my car. I opened the passenger's door for him and let him climb in. I strode to the driver's side and sat down.

I turned the key, gunned the engine, and after exchanging ecstatic smiles, we drove off towards the concert.

--

I gave the vendor our tickets and parked the car. I helped Eddie climb out and grabbed his hand.

We walked toward the stage and I dropped Eddie's hand. He looked up at me quizzically and let out a small whine in protest.

"You know how Derry is, Eds" I whispered.

He sighed but nodded in agreement. When no one was looking, I lifted his chin and pressed a soft kiss on his lips. He kissed back mournfully, but I knew he understood.

I could care less what some prick had to say about me, but I couldn't risk Eddie getting hurt. For once, I wanted him to have an unproblematic night of peace. He deserves that and more.

We may not get to be affectionate, but it was enough just to get to be with Eddie. I may not always get to feel him, but feeling his love was everything.