🔸Shot 54 ~ Hospital🔸

Takes place after Eddie breaks his arm in Neibolt•

° ° ° °

EDDIE'S POV

"Is my baby going to be okay?! Does he need a new arm?! I need you to make sure he gets all of his meds and-"

The doctor interrupted Mom as she frantically passed her worries onto him. I rolled my eyes and tried my best to ignore her. I thought about Richie. I thought about how I left the others. I wanted to see them.

But she's never going to let me see them again.

"Ma'am, don't worry, he's in good hands. It was a clean break, whoever set his arm back into place did a good job, and I made sure his arm was wrapped well. But we'll be sure to x-ray his arm and keep you updated. He'll be given proper narcotics and we'll make sure he gets plenty of sleep. For now, let him rest"

The doctor finished explaining and calmed her down before guiding her out to the waiting room.

"Bye, Eddie baby" she kissed my forehead. "You get better, okay? And stay away from the other patients! I don't want you-"

"Getting sick, I know, ma" I groaned.

The doctor led her out and she left. He walked back in scribbling something on his clipboard stacked with papers.

"Protective, huh?" he joked to lighten the mood.

"Yeah" I scoffed. "You have no idea"

"Don't worry," he chucked, "I see cases like this all the time. I'll make sure she stays out of the way"

"Thank you" I smirked.

He nodded and exited the room. I sighed and threw my head back into the pillow. I stared at my arm that rested in a sling. It still hurt, and it felt like it was on fire, but it felt better than it did before.

It would be much worse if Richie hadn't set it back in place, and I wouldn't even have an arm if it weren't for Richie saving me from that...thing. That...clown, whatever it was. It wasn't normal. The Losers, especially Richie, had saved my life.

Richie could've just left me there with the clown, but he didn't. He kneeled beside me and comforted me. He pulled me close to him even though he could've ran away. He was prepared to die with me or for me.

Why hadn't I realized it until now? I didn't realize until now, I'm in love with-

"Eddie? Eds, you in here?" a voice asked gently as the door opened.

I glanced at the door to my hospital room to see Richie step in carefully.

"Richie?" I sat up. "What're you doing here?"

"Hey, Eds" he smiled, and sat down on the bed next to me. "I had to see how you. How do you feel?"

"Sore, but, I'll be okay. Thanks to you" I smiled.