🔸Shot 92 ~ Look At Me🔸

° ° ° °

RICHIE'S POV

There he stood. My best friend looking gorgeous as ever as he organized his locker. He always organizes his locker at the end of every day, and it's so cute how he always tries to make things neat. I smiled jovially as I approached him.

"Hey, Eds" I greeted him.

"Hey, Rich" he greeted smiling without looking at me as he held a stack of books in his hands.

He was reaching to put them on the top shelf of his locker.

"So Eddie, would you wanna get ice cream with me?" I blurted out shyly, and he dropped his books.

He awkwardly tried catching them as he pressed himself against the locker and turned to me. His brunette hair brushed his eyes but with his hands full, he couldn't brush them out of his vision.

"Uhh, what?" he said softly as he raised an eyebrow curiously.

"Ice cream" I repeated with a warm smile, and brushed the strands of hair from his eyes. "Would you want to get some with me?"

"O-Oh, uhm...yes, yeah" he blushed.

"Cool" I smirked, and bent down to pick up his books.

"Thanks" he smiled, and took them gently from my hands before placing them in his locker and closing it.

I grinned at him and he smiled back as we walked out of the school together.

--

"You know, I can't help but notice two things, Richie" he said as we walked.

"Hmm?" I hummed.

"Well for one, shouldn't we have waited for Stan and Bill? I mean, I'm not complaining, but..."

"No" I chuckled. "I just wanted it to be you and me"

"Oh..." he blushed. "Well, good"

I grinned at him and we walked to the ice cream parlor. I ordered two ice cream cones for us and we walked to the park together.

"Hey, Eddie?"

"Yeah?"

"Uhm, what was the second thing?" I asked softly.

"Oh uhm...well, I noticed you've been extra nice since you asked me to get ice cream with you. Not once have you cracked a wise ads joke, either"

I thought about it a moment. I hadn't even realized it. I'm a much nicer person when I'm with Eddie. I was only ever like this with him.

"Yeah, I don't know...whenever I'm with you, I just feel better. I feel happy. I think...you make me better, Eddie" I said gently, and when I turned to face him with crimson cheeks, his were crimson too, but his lips held a warm smile.

"I...I feel the same way, Richie" he said softly. "I don't...freak out as much around you or worry about my OCD. I think...you make me better too"