🔸Shot 1 ~ Night Terrors I🔸

° ° ° °

RICHIE'S POV

It's been a year since that fucking clown terrorized Derry and murdered all those children, including poor little Georgie. A year since I almost lost the boy I fell inevitably and irrevocably in love with.

Eddie.

My little Eds has grown so much since then, but he still has nightmares. Sometimes they're not too bad, and sometimes he wakes up screaming, often calling me for comfort. But when he called me for the third time, I couldn't take just sitting at home while he sat in bed alone, frightened, in a pool of sweat and tears in the dark, losing rest and his breath along with it.

I couldn't take my Eds being alone and scared. I can't stand it when Eddie is hurt or scared. So I left my shitty house and went to Eddie's. It was pouring rain, but I could care less. Eddie was more important than being a wuss about getting a little - actually very - wet.

His mother was most likely sleeping or watching TV but either way, I wasn't gonna just use the front door, I knew I had to be cautious and covert.

I walked with a stealthy gait and climbed Eddie's roof to his window. I knocked lightly, hoping he would hear me but without startling him.

I watched his silhouette slowly rise from his bed, turn on his lamp, and trudge to the window. He slowly opened it, careful not to make too much noise. He rubbed his eyes and smiled when he saw me.

"Richie?"

I smirked.

"Hiya, Eds. Can I come in?"

He smiled wide and pulled me in.

"Yeah," he whispered, "of course. What're you doing here?"

"I had to make sure you're okay. What's going on, Eddie?"

"I had another nightmare..."

He turned and sat on his bed, his head in his hands. I sat down next to him.

"Tell me about it, Eds" I said softly, trying to keep him soothed.

"You should get dried off, first" he chuckled lightly, and I laughed as I ran a hand through my soaking wet curls.

"Right, sorry"

He rolled his eyes playfully and went to grab a towel. I took off my wet jacket and dried my hair with the towel.

"Thanks, Eds" I smiled, and he sat back down next to me. "So tell me what's wrong"

I wrapped my arm around him and gave him a moment to collect himself.

"I...I-I was kidnapped. The clown took me to the sewers and left me to try to figure a way out...but I couldn't. It kept going and going and going and I just couldn't get out. Then, I couldn't move. Then the clown appeared out of thin air, laughing at me. I turned to him and I saw him standing behind the club. You, Bill, Bev...everyone. He was picking them off one by one and..."

He started to cry. I moved closer to him and wrapped my arms tightly around his shoulders, pulling him into my embrace. His breathing became unsteady with every sob.

"Shh....shhh, I'm right here, Eds, it's okay" I cooed tenderly.

I wiped his tears away with my thumb and let him continue, his breathing slowly steadying.

"I begged him to just kill me, and to let you all go but I had to watch as he killed you all instead. And when he got to you...I had to watch him tear you apart. I couldn't watch, Richie. It felt like I was being ripped apart myself. I begged him to let you go but I had to watch him take you away from me...I-I couldn't do anything about it I had to fucking watch you die..."

And with that he started sobbing uncontrollably.

"Shh shhhh, Eds I'm right here, I'm right here I'm not going anywhere"

I placed kisses all along his forehead and head and cheeks and held him close.

"Look at me" I said, gently cupping his beautiful face and lifting it to meet my gaze.

I took a moment to admire his deep brown eyes and watched as he sniffled, tears streaming down his face as his eyes searched mine quizzically. He's so beautiful, even with tears staining his beautiful eyes and streaming down his gorgeous face.

"It's not real, Eddie. We defeated it, you're safe. We're all safe, nothing is gonna hurt you or the club, I promise. I promise, I'll keep you safe" I assured him.

He nodded and closed his eyes. I kissed his forehead and held him close, letting the last of his tears fall onto my shirt. He wrapped his arms around my neck and sighed.

"Thank you, Richie" he breathed into my chest.

"Nobody touches my Eddie Spaghetti" I laughed.

He playfully punched my face and giggled.

"Don't call me that" he said smiling.

I got up to leave, but not before I felt Eddie's fingers grasp my hand.

"Please, stay" he pleaded, looking up at me with sweet eyes.

How could I say no, especially when he looks at me like that? I felt my heart flutter and beat rapidly in my chest.

I nodded and gave him a warm smile before laying down on his bed. He snuggled close to me and nuzzled his head on my chest, laying his arms across my stomach. I wrapped my arms around his smaller frame and held him close, listening to the sounds of his small sleepy breaths before falling asleep with him in my arms.

° ° ° °