🔸Shot 99 ~ Disapproval🔸

° ° ° °

EDDIE'S POV

"Take all the time you need, Spaghetti Man. I'll be waiting here patiently for you, my prince"

I rolled my eyes.

"Keep calling me Spaghetti and I won't come over at all, Rich" I warned him.

"A tempting compromise, Eds" he said in his British accent.

"Okay, bye" I said quickly.

"Okay, okay! I'll see you soon, Eddie"

"That better" I chuckled, and hung up.

I laughed to myself at my goof of a boyfriend as I finished packing my bags.

I would be spending the night at Richie's after we go out to eat. I walked briskly past my mother but of course, she noticed me.

"Eddie-Bear!" she called.

Dammit.

"Yeah, Ma?" I sighed, and made my way to the living room.

"Eddie-bear, you're still single, right? You don't need any girls, you know"

"Uhhh..." I contemplated how to answer, and while I was mulling it over, Richie practically burst through the door.

"HE DON'T NEED ANY GIRLS HE'S DATING ME!" Richie shouted.

I face-palmed.

"Richie!" I whisper-shouted. "What the hell are you doing?"

"I'm sorry, Eds, but I can't hide it anymore. Eddie doesn't need any girls, Mrs. K, he's dating me"

Richie grabbed my hand and squeezed as my mother stared blankly at us.

"That's even worse!" she finally said, clearly upset and disapproving of course.

We gulped as my mother stood up from her chair.

"This," she waved her finger at us, "will not continue. You keep your filthy hands off my baby!"

She pointed her finger in Richie's face confrontationally but he refused to let my hand go.

"No" he said nonchalantly yet sternly.

"What?" she growled.

"I said no" Richie repeated. "I love Eddie, I'm not letting him go. You can bite me, Mrs. K"

My mother was steaming.

"EDDIE BEAR, YOU GET AWAY FROM THIS FILTHY BOY!"

"NO!" I protested.

She gave me a taken aback look.

"Eddie bear-"

"NO!" I shouted. "I love him, I'm not leaving him!"

She reached for me, but I pushed her away and grabbed Richie's hand. Before she could say anymore, I bolted out the door, pulling Richie with me.