🔸Shot 39 ~ Coming Out🔸

° ° ° °

EDDIE'S POV

There was no denying it anymore. I knew it was true. I guess I've known ever since I was little, but...I'm gay. I was proud of myself, I finally came to terms with how I feel. Not even Derry could change that, no one could change me.

Yet I was still scared of what others would think, and there was only one person I trusted with it.

My best friend, Richie.

He may tease me and mess around a lot, but I know he's a really great guy. I trust him with this. I wanted him to know more than anything. I called him and asked him to meet me at the quarry cliff.

"It's really important, Richie"

"Don't worry, Eds, I'll be there in ten"

"Okay, see you soon"

"See you soon, Eds"

I hung up the phone giddily and rode my bike to the Quarry. I waited for him at the cliff. I glanced at my watch a thousand times as I tapped my foot.

Suddenly, I felt black curls fall into my eyes. I looked up to see deep, chocolate eyes gazing into mine.

"Hey, Eddie Spaghetti" he smiled.

"Richie!" I tackled him in a hug.

He wrapped his arms around me and picked me up.

"Hey haha" he giggled, and set me down. "So what's up, Eddie?"

"I, uhm...I wanted to tell you something, Richie"

"What? You're not a virgin anymore?"

"NO! Come on, Richie, I'm serious"

"Alright" he chuckled. "What's on your mind, Eddie?"

"Well, I...I wanted to tell you something about me..." I said shyly.

"Okay?" he smirked and cocked an eyebrow.

"Promise you won't freak out or anything? It's kinda big, at least to me"

"Can't be any bigger than your mom" he laughed.

"OH MY GOD RICHIE JUST LET ME TALK!" I yelled, but I couldn't resist. I laughed too.

"Alright alright" he chuckled. "I promise I won't freak out. What is it?"

"I, um...I-I'm, sort of, gay" I said the last part quietly, and braced for his reaction.

He said nothing.

I looked up at him puzzled, and his face was devoid of any readable reaction or emotion. His lips slightly parted, but he remained silent.

"It's true. I'm gay, Richie, and I'm proud of myself. I'm a little scared, especially because of Derry, but, I know I have you and the Losers, right?"