Chapter 39-Their Return

Start from the beginning

I turn to look into the window. It was a dress shop. In the window was a baby blue dress with black lace and bow around the waist. It came up to about the knees and was strapless. It was perfect for her.

"Weren't you saying before that you needed a dress for the dance?" I ask with a grin.

"We can get you one too!" She said excitedly as she pulled me into the store.

We asked the cashier if Bella could try on the dress in the window. He took the dress off the stand manikin and handed it to Bella. We walked towards the dressing rooms and Bella goes in. She walks out a few minutes later modeling the dress.

I clap. "Amazing."

"Let's find you a dress." She says.

Bella changes back into her clothes. We walk in different directions looking for a dress. I look at a strapless red dress. It had a beautiful rose and peacock feather design.

"You would look perfect in that dress." Says a voice from behind me.

I smile as I turn around. "You just love being around me don't you?" I laugh.

Dustin smiled and gave me a hug and kiss on the cheek. "Yes." He laughs. "Plus I wanted to make sure you were alright." He whispers.

"You know I can handle myself." I whisper back.

"I know but I can't help but worry." He whispers. "Now what are you and Bella doing in a dress shop?" He asks.

"How did you know I was hear with Bella?" I ask.

"Logan and I saw you guys walk in from across the street." He answers.

"Are you following us?" I ask.

"No." He says. "So why are you guys here?"

"Well Bella and I do have dates for the dance Friday and we want to look nice." I say.

"Who might these dates be?" He says in mock hurtfulness.

"You and Logan." I laugh.

"Who are you going with?" He asks in mock suspicion.

"Logan." I joke.

"Me what?" Asks Logan as he walks over to Dustin and I. He was accompanied by Bella.

I walk over to him and take his other hand. "Apparently, you're my escort to the dance. "I laugh.

"Ha ha. Now get you're hands off my boyfriend." Bella says.

Dustin and I give them wide eyes. I let go of Logan's hand and faced them.

"We were gone for what, a week, and in that time you guys became a couple?" Dustin asks.

"I am hurt you didn't tell me." I said.

"I called and text you but you never answered." Bella says.

"Well it's not my fault I had a cold and allergic reactions." I lied.

"Yes my little Ella was sick in bed. What'd you guys expect her to do? Pick up the phone every time when she felt awful?" Dustin says.

"And my Dusty hurt his leg and now he has a limp." I said.

"Well now we have an audience. Shall we show them our dresses?" Bella asks.

I grab the red dress and follow Bella to the dressing rooms. We put on the dresses and modeled them for Dustin and Logan. They clapped and whistled, making the cashier laugh. Bella and I bought the dresses.

"Now we just need shoes, masks, and we need to get the guys some tuxes." Bella says. We were all walking down the street.

"Masks?" I say in confusion.

"It's a masked dance." Bella explains.

"Where are we going to buy masks?" Logan asked.

"Good point." Bella says, dumbfounded.

"Well let's worry about that later. Tux time." I say.

We walked into another small shop that sold wedding dresses and tuxedos. Logan modeled a white tuxedo with a blue tie that matched Bella's dress. Dustin modeled a black tuxedo with a dark red tie that matched my dress. They bought them.

"Ella we still need shoes." Bella said.

"Oh crud. No way am I shoe shopping." I said.

"You have to! We need shoes." Bella persisted.

'What's wrong with sneakers?" I ask. Bella shot me an annoyed look. "Fine."

She took my hand and started leading me to a shoe store. I mouthed 'help me guys, please help me' to Dustin and Logan. They waved good-bye and left. Thanks a lot guys!

We ended up with some black high heels. We were on our way home when an antique shop caught my eye. I convinced Bella to go in with me.

The shop had a lot of old clothes and toys and things. I really liked this dark, black hooded cloak. I tried it on. It was perfect.

"Hey Ella." I walked to where Bella was. She pointed into a glass case on the counter. "Look at those masks. They'll go great with our dresses."

I bought the cloak and the masks. We walked our separate ways to our homes. After dinner, I practiced walking in my heels. I fell, a lot. I fell on my bed when I heard laughter from behind me. I turned to look at who was laughing. It was Harry. I threw a pillow at him.

"Hey!" He yelled.

"Stop laughing." I said.

He walks over and sits next to me. "Why are you walking in heels?" He asks.

"Practicing for the dance." I whisper. No one knew I was going to the dance and I planned to keep it that way.

"Oh. Need help?" He asks.

He helps me up and I start practising. I started to fall but Harry grabbed my hand and kept me up.

"After nearly four hundred years I never mastered heels." I laugh.

After about an hour and a half I was able to walk without falling. I took the heels off and sat criss cross on my bed. Harry sat on the floor.

"So did you ask any lucky mortal to the dance?" I ask.

"Why do you want to know?" He asks.

"To make sure you got over me." I say.

"Well, I didn't ask anyone." He admits.

"Why?" I ask.

"You'll need an escort for the pack to see you leave with. Unless you want your date to be discovered." He answers.

"Thanks. I didn't think about that." I admit. "I was just going to sneak out."

"But if you did that you'll probably rip your dress or something. Plus we need to go anyway." He says.

"Why?" I ask.

"We need to see how many people leave for the attack so we have an estimate on how many werewolves we'll be against."

"I still don't like the idea." I say softly.

Harry stands up and looks me in the eyes. His face and tone was solemn. "You can't run away from this. You need to figure out where your heart lies; with Dustin or your family. You can't have it both ways. You need to choose because your days with him are numbered."