Three Times

Thanks to klaine-4-evah for the prompt idea!

In which Klaine's 16-year old son, Alex, tries to come out to his dads three times, but is interrupted every time.

                                    •••

The Anderson-Hummel's were very busy.

Between Blaine's music, Kurt's fashion career staring, and Alex's football games and glee practices, the family barely had time to spend together as one.

It was sometimes one dad at home with Alex, sometimes neither, or both parents and no Alex. If asked, the family couldn't remember the last time they were all in the same room together.

Granted they never fell apart, not once. Kurt and Blaine would make an effort to go to every game or competition their son had and Alex would always be there at either one of his dads events to help with whatever they needed.

It wasn't ideal, but it worked.

As time passed by, Alex obviously got older and more mature. Learning more things as the days went by, changing by the minute.

The one thing he noticed was the way he felt towards well, people.

More specifically, people like the new transfer student at his school.

Who is a guy.

Incase any one forgot, Alex was a guy too.

Yup, he, Alex Burt Anderson-Hummel, was gay.

Ironic actually.

Having two dads and their son being gay, sounds like a plot for a TV show.

Anyways, Alex really wanted to tell his dads but since tonight he was going to his dad's (Blaine, he called Kurt papa or pops) party for his new album, he figured he'd just tell him first.

"Dad, where do you want these?" Alex asked an hour before the party, holding two microphone stands, one in each hand.

Blaine looked up from his tablet too see what he was talking about. "On the stage about three feet apart from each other, please." He told him, looking back down.

Alex nodded and did as he was told. "Have you um-"

"Talk to, Pops?" Alex finished the sentence for his dad with a smile. "Yeah, he said that you'll do great and that he's super proud of you then proceeded to apologize one again for not being here."

Blaine chuckled. "That's your father, always apologizing." He shook his head. "Did he say when he was getting a break by any chance?" He asked, hope in voice.

Alex gave him a sad look. He felt bad for his dads sometimes, they were so in love and showed it with the time they got, but life just got caught up with them and he could tell not seeing each other was killing them.

"Yes, sir." He told him. "He said he'll call me when the shoot was over and if you weren't busy, he'll love to talk to you."

The expression on Blaine's face changed immensely, he looked like he won a million bow ties. "I can't wait." He grinned.

Alex wanted a relationship like them.

He looked at how happy his dad was and wanted exactly that, happiness. So he was going to do it now, he took a deep breath and spoke.

"Hey, Dad?" He asked, not making eye contact as he fumbled with two microphones.

"Hm?"

"Can I um, can I talk to you?"