New Year's Surprise

Thanks to 5Harminazor for suggesting this!
•••
"Is it midnight now?!" Blaine asked as he jumped up and down in anticipation.

Kurt chuckled, "No, Blaine. It's 11:50, be patient."

Blaine groaned and fell on the couch, "Ugh! Midnight taking forever to come."

Kurt laughed as he sat down next to his boyfriend, running his fingers through his curls that he let loose about an hour ago, "What's gotten you so excited? Your usually tired and grumpy by now." He mused.

Blaine pouted, "I am not grumpy."

Kurt gently kissed his pout, "Course not, hunny. I'm just joking."

Blaine sat up so he was cuddled into the other boys side, head on his shoulder, "You know,this is will be our 4th year as boyfriends."

"How could I forget? They've been the best 4 years of my life."

The shorter boy grinned, "Me too."

They were sitting on the couch in the living room of their new apartment, watching TV which was turn to channel 9. They could see all the millions of people in Times Square waiting for the New Year.

"Um, I'll be right back." Blaine said as he stood up, he sounded kind of nervous.

Kurt was confused but gave him a smile, "Okay, but hurry. The balls about to drop."

Blaine gave him a small smile and nodded, heading toward their bedroom.

Kurt leaned against the couch, watching the TV as it got closer to the New Year.

Blaine finally came back out of the bedroom with a huge grin and sat on the arm rest of the couch as the crowd on the TV counted down.

60, 59, 58

"Um, Kurt. Can I ask you something?"

57, 56, 55

"Of course, what is it?"

54, 53, 52

Blaine closed his eyes and breathed before getting down on one knee.

51, 50

Kurt gasped and put a hand over his mouth, "Blaine.." he said breathlessly.

Blaine gave him a smile, "Kurt, these past 4 years have been the best years of my life, you've been there for me whenever I needed you and I love you so much for that. You are my rock, the thing that keeps me going. I love you so, so, much, I tell you that everyday but never forget it. Now, Kurt Elizabeth Hummel. My best friend, my one true love, will you marry me?"

10, 9, 8

Kurt's mouth was open and he had happy tears in his eyes.

7, 6, 5

Blaine had a huge grin as he stayed on one knee.

4, 3, 2,

"Yes... of course I'll marry you."

1

The ball dropped and Kurt got off the couch to kiss Blaine square on the lips, Blaine kissing back with passionate.

After a couple of seconds they both pulled away and leaned their foreheads together, "Happy New Year, fiancé." Kurt said with a smile.

Blaine pecked his lips, "Happy New Year, fiancé."

WHOOP!! I actually finished this on time.

Anyway, HAPPY NEW YEAR!! I hope you guys have had a great 2017 and have an even better 2018.

Hope you watched the ball drop!!