Lucky

A filler chapter till I get some ideas flowing.

Kurt and Blaine are dating but the New Directions don't know.

6k reads! You guys are the best! Thank you sooooooo much. :)
•••
"Duets! Can someone tell me what a duet is?" Mr. Schue asked as he finished writing the word on the board.

"A blanket." Brittany said with a smile, proud of herself.

"Not quite, Brit." Mr. Schue told her with a small chuckle, "A duet is when two voices join to become one. Duets are powerful and sound amazing when done right, your assignment this week is to do a duet with someone and really understand how it feels."

There was slight exciting chatter through out the room and Mr. Schue smiled at that. "And this is going to be a competition. The winners get..." he pointed to the band for a drumroll, "Free meals to breadstixs!!" He said with jazz hands.

Now there was cheering throughout the room, he knew making the prize about food would motivate the kids at least a little, "You guys can pick your own partners but just so you guys get an idea, who wants to do a practice duet with me?" The curly haired teacher asked, looking around the room for volunteers.

Before Rachel could shoot her hand up and give them a speech about why she should do it, there was a knock on the door.

All the students immediately turned their gaze from the front of the room to the doorframe where they saw a boy with lightly gelled hair wearing a navy blue and black blazer with a pin that has a Warbler on it and a smile on his lips.

"Can we help you?" Finn asked

"Um, yeah. Is this the New Directi-"

"SPY!!" Rachel yelled, making a few people jump as she pointed a finger at the boy. "Spy! You're from Dalton Academy and you've come to steal our set list for Sectionals! He's not supposed to be here!"

The boy blinked at her a couple of times before smiling and letting out a laugh, "So you must be Rachel Berry."

Said girl froze a bit and shifted uncomfortably in her seat before moving it altogether closer towards Finn. "Yes..." She said skeptically, "Who are you, stalker spy?"

He let out another laugh before going to sit on the empty piano bench, "My names Blaine. I'm a... friend of Kurt's. Also for the record, I'm not a spy and I don't want your set list."

"How can we be so sure?" She challenged as she crossed her arms.

Before Blaine could retort anything back, Kurt spoke up. "Because he's a good person, Rachel." He said and the group turned toward him, noticing his gaze was set on Blaine and he had a huge grin on his lips.

"I didn't know Hummel could smile that big." Puck whispered to Tina who nodded wordlessly.

"Okay... well then if you don't want our set list. Then what are you doing here?" Mercedes asked the question that had been racing through everyone's minds.

"I wanted to see my best friend." Blaine said and nodded his head toward Kurt with a mirroring smile on his face, "Is that illegal?"

"It is when he's on the opposing show choir team! Honestly Kurt, you couldn't have a pick another person to be friends with?" Rachel huffed annoyed as she glared at Kurt from across the room.

Kurt had a bitch glare on his face and was about to go off on the girl but Blaine jumped in, knowing that face from a mile away. "Um, Mr. Schue, if I remembered your name correctly, you guys assignment this week is duets, correct?"