The Servamps and Eves decided that if they follow him into the alley,he would be able to pick up their presences as the alley was narrow.

So with the help of the Servamps,they were hoisted onto the roof.The roof of a random building,that was one of the buildings that made the alley.

And what Mahiru saw, was exactly what he expected, disappointedly:

A teenage kid getting surrounded by some gangsters who were older than him, probably, since they were taller.

That teenage guy somehow had light blue hair that looked similar to someone Mahiru knew,and his eyes were black or so,and he looked like a chuunibyou with the red bandages on his hands.

A 'chuunibyou' is a delusional person who thinks that he or she has powers that nobody else has for your information.

  And those red bandages on his hands or even arms might've said something about the guy, which might either be him being a boxer,or somebody who 'hides' his so-called 'powers'.

But what Mahiru's eyes were drawn at was the black cat that the guy had, and the guy was hugging the cat to his chest,as if protecting it from the gangsters.

"The Jet-Black Wings will not surrender this black cat to you, evil people of Dark Reunion!" He acted like someone who was a four year old, which made Mahiru sigh.

  This guy really was a 'chuunibyou'.

  Seriously.

  Who names himself 'The Jet-Black Wings',and calls people who are evil as 'Evil People of Dark Reunion'?

One of the guys snarled,making the guy retreat, and the guy said,"What the hell's your problem, you four year old?! We were just.. playing with that cat!"

"I saw you all throwing rocks at the cat!" The guy retorted in defence, but when the guys glared at him, he stepped back,his back hitting the wall.

Mahiru concluded this in his head when he connected the dots,'So..this guy saw these gangsters hitting the cat with rocks and decided to defend it, but got cornered instead?"

'How heroic..'

He shrugged and mumbled to himself,"Helping him won't hurt, right?After all,you don't have a reason to help, but you always have a reason to hurt others."

"And people always wait for somebody to go and help them, and I like being that 'somebody' in a while."

Sleepy Ash's eyes widened at that two phrases Mahiru always said in the past when he and him always fought somebody.

He walked in like a mysterious hero, which made the boy's eyes light up in hope which made the gangsters confused as they turned their eyes to him.

Mahiru smiled deviously and deliriously at them as he walked closer,"Hello,folks.Wouldn't you all be so kind to let that guy go?"

"HAH?!AND WHO THE HELL ARE YOU?!" One of the louder guys stepped up courageously as he put up a brave front and tried to intimidate Mahiru, who was actually shorter than him..

..Even though Mahiru was older than any of them.

The light-blue-haired chuunibyou gave him a look of gratefulness, and Mahiru nodded with a smile at him, as he turned back to the person who tried to intimidate him,"I'm just a hero for fun."

"Haha,Saitama much?" He joked,and that seemed to irritate the guys too.

  But Sleepy Ash noticed something disheartening and confusing for him when Mahiru had made that joke.