I Was Gone for a Week!

Start from the beginning

"We did." They said in unison making Kurt smile.

"When are you coming home?" Hepburn asked. "We miss you and Papa doesn't know how to cook or read us bedtime stories like you do."

"Soon, bubba. Daddy'll be home soon, okay? Till then you two behave yourself's and Tracy, be nice to your brother."

"I am, Daddy!" The little girl exclaimed. "I always am."

"Mhm." He said with an eye roll. That was definitely not true. "Can you call your Papa? I need to talk to him."

He heard a bit of shuffling, then someone yelling "Papa!".

He gave a small chuckle when he heard his husbands voice. "Stop getting me in trouble you two! Go wash up and eat, there's food on the table."

Kurt heard some thank you's then Blaine sigh. "Now that that's out of the way. Hey, gorgeous." He greeted properly, and very flirtatiously, the older males smile widening even more.

"Hey, beautiful." He greeted in the same manner. "You doing okay? I'm not going to hear about a burnt down house on the news and find out it's my own, am I?"

"Haha, very funny." Blaine said sarcastically. "But no you won't. I didn't try to burn down the house, I swear. . .I just over cooked them a bit." He mumbled.

"Sure, Blaine." He mused with a shake of his head.

"Anyway, enough about me. What about you? How was yesterday? Or actually, how was the trip in general? I feel like you haven't given me enough detail."

Kurt sighed as he played with his wedding band. That was one bad thing about traveling, especially to somewhere with a different time zone, he couldn't talk to his family that much.

"It was beautiful, the lights and buildings were gorgeous plus the food was to die for. Not to mention the fashion, I'll explain more when I get home though."

"And when will that be, Mr. Anderson-Hummel? I miss my hubby." Blaine said and Kurt could practically hear the pout over the phone.

"In a couple of hours." He promised as he rubbed his eyes. "Isabelle and I have to finish something then home here I come."

"Sounds like a plan. I miss you."

"I miss you more." He said softly. He looked up and saw Isabelle poking her head out the door and motioning for him to come in. "But I have to go okay? Please don't burn down our house."

"Can't make any promises. Love you, gorgeous."

"Love you more, beautiful." He laughed as he hung up the phone, a smile back on his lips as he pocketed the phone and walked toward the double doors.

Just a few hours.

•••

4 slices of cheesecake and 3 cups of coffee later, the two were finally done.

The pictures all sent to the correct individual, all pretty and organized they were finally allowed to go home.