: Ron Weasley X Male Reader : "Competition." Final

Ron sat quietly to himself, his eyes darting forward and back towards (Y/n) who sat quietly on a chair, reading a book on transfiguration.

'I really want to ask him about whether or not he's free on Saturday! How can I do that without cowarding out?!' Ron silently thought.

Harry took a seat next to (Y/n), and began sparking a conversation — one that was hard to eavesdrop from Ron's distance. Ron let out a defeated sigh.

'Most importantly, how do I get him to like me back?' He thought once more. "Hey!" A voice shook Ron from his thoughts, causing him to jump. Harry waved at Ron, pointing at an empty seat next to (Y/n).

Ron accepted, much to his displeasure, and took a seat next to (Y/n). He tried his best to engage in conversation without looking at (Y/n), as it would only make matters MUCH worse.

Not only was (Y/n) what many considered to be bad, he was REALLY good at being manipulative and an arse. Right now, the smirk on the brunette's face was eminent.

"W-What are you looking at?" Ron growled, his face turning a dark red. (Y/n) blinked a few times, before bluntly responding. "You."

Ron shook his head, looking back to his homework. He refused to let (Y/n) make him this vulnerable, not this way. (Y/n) chuckled, and shut his book.

"I was thinking, Weasley, you always seem busy on the weekends," He began, standing and grabbing his bags. Harry was shooting Ron a grin.

"Maybe if your free, you can hang out with me at the training grounds. It's not much, unless you want to actually train."  (Y/n) waited for a response from Ron, who was red once more.

'W-What th-the blo-bloody hell?! I was supposed t-to ask him!' Ron screamed to himself. He felt himself get even more red.

"E-eh! S-sure! N-not like I actually c-care though." Ron said loudly, turning his head. (Y/n) pulled a wider grin. "So it's a date then. See ya later red-head." He waved with one hand, turning and dramatically leaving the library.

Harry gave Ron a thumbs up, before Ron fell out of his seat — covering his mouth. "Good job, Ron." Harry congratulated. "D-DID YOU PLAN THAT?!" Ron yelped, embarrassed from falling from shock.

"Maybe, maybe not." Harry replied, turning. "Let's get to the hall before all the food's gone!"

-

Ron nervously stepped foot outdoors, looking towards the training area — the empty area. There sat the tall, brunette, who was resting against the side of a training dummy.

"You actually came?" (Y/n) asked, looking back. Ron paused with confusion and shock. "What do you mean?" Ron asked as he took a seat beside (Y/n).

Ron was trying not to look at (Y/n). If he looked into his (e/c) eyes, he'd get lost. "I didn't think you would." (Y/n) muttered, glancing towards Ron.

"You asked me, and I accepted, so I'm here. What made you think I wouldn't show up?" Ron curiously tested, looking slightly towards (Y/n).

"Dunno, in the past you used to hate me so I just assumed you'd avoid me now," (Y/n) tried to bite his tongue, but refrained. Ron turned away, but (Y/n) continued talking.

"You used to be terrified of me, even if I helped you. I thought it was kinda stupid at first, ya' know?" (Y/n) ran his fingers through his hair, about to continue on.

"Where is this going?" Ron stopped (Y/n) with his question, not wanting his speech to further on — what if he was going to start babbling about how much he hated him?

(Y/n) ignored his question. "—You used to be a coward, in my eyes. It REALLY bothered me, until second year. After that you just got more frustrated and angry. I thought it was–" He paused, still leaving Ron silent and confused.

"–thought it was really cute." Ron almost passed out, wanting to burrow himself into the ground and hide. "I-i.." Ron was blushing madly.

"I didn't think it would get further than that," (Y/n) said, "further than a bit of a gay crush," (Y/n sighed.

"–but it did. It progressed to the point where I'd have to tease you to stop myself from saying anything cheesy." Ron wasn't sure what to say, other than something along the lines of a freak out.

"U-uh, I guess I failed. This sounds really cheesey but, will you-" (Y/n)'s eyes widened when Ron nervously pushed his lips against his.

It was long, and a wreck — but (Y/n) didn't release until both of them were about to drop from loss of air. "A..ah... So that's.. a yes... then?" (Y/n) asked, between pants.

Ron was still breathing heavily, only resting his head on the brunette's shoulder. "Mhmm." He embarrassedly mumbled through the clothe of (Y/n)'s uniform.

A squeal escaped through the bushes. Hermione hid herself, pushing Harry down. "I knew it!" He silently whispered to Hermione. "You owe me a chocolate frog." He said with a grin.

Hermione shook her head, and sighed.