: Draco Malfoy X Male Madrigal Reader : "Looking in a mirror." Pt. 1

Note(s): I'm gonna make a few of these to coincide with the different ships people wanted!

Being a Madrigal wasn't easy.

Especially when nobody was allowed to speak of your father, Bruno, and rarely of you. You had many expectations to keep up with and overcome.

You were not only a rainbow baby, but also the last thing your birth mother ever saw. Your father was very protective of you, but any time he looked into your future it was the first time he saw nothing.

Not death, just absolute foggy nothingness.

When your father disappeared from everyone else, you always knew where he was. Although he became distant, he still watched over you and kept you safe.

Your tia Pepa and your tio Felix raised you when he was 'out of the picture' but you always knew where he was. They were like another set of parents to you. There were several times you had accidentally called Pepa, 'Mama.'

However one day, you got a letter to a school of witchcraft and wizardry. Abuela was very hesitant but sent you away in hopes that it could help the family be better.

Abuela avoided you like the Black Plague for a while, even if you had things that Abuelo desperately needed to get across to her.

You were always highly seen as weird. The gift bestowed upon you by the candle was simple: you could see and speak to the dead.

Well, all wizards and witches could see them. However you were unique, you could see and even speak to those who didn't choose to become a ghost.

Almost like you existed as a device for them to come down and experience the world once more away from their afterlife.

This meant you constantly looked as if you were talking to yourself. Half the time you actually were, the other half you were talking to a dead person. So yeah, you were weird.

The spectacled boy you'd met on the train was sorted into Gryffindor, however you were sorted into Slytherin.

You weren't anything like this house (unless you are, in that case ignore this!) Instead it would've been obvious for your house to be (your house).

For some reason Harry and his rival Draco both had this odd obsession and fascination of you.

Harry wanted to know things about his parents, he wanted to hear what they had to say.

Draco however had a grip on you. He was closer to you physically being you shared a house, Slytherin, and your bed in the dorms was close to his.

The platinum blonde was venomously jealous constantly because Harry wanted to speak to you constantly.

Draco couldn't truly admit it, that he had a crush on the same sex/gender. That's why he hid his true reason as to why he had to have you.

However Draco and you had a very special bond. Both of you had families that held unrealistically high expectations.

For the first few years Draco dragged you along like a dog on a leash. Then he began to become softer only to you.

He vented to you about things NOBODY else knew about him. Things that even Harry would pity about him.

He was emotionally neglected at home, only loved by his mother. His father used him like a pawn.

He couldn't be free, he couldn't have his own opinion. It was as if his father lived through him.

You felt for him and that was why you always took his side or at least tried to. It wasn't an excuse for his behavior, rather an explanation.

Right now, you held Draco as he sobbed into your shoulder. He had clearly had enough, with his father getting taken to Azkaban and him being accused of being a death eater – he was hurting.

What was worse was that he was indeed a death eater, against his own will. He had no say in the matter. He never did.

You held him close as he sobbed, with him being so pale it was easy to see when he was holding back tears. His eyes and nose would become a blazing red.

"I'm always going to be here for you Draco, you can count on me. I promise," You said this softly as you ran a hand over his hair.

"It isn't fair! I never wanted any of this! I don't know how to act! What if I don't do what my father wants me to do? What if he gets out and finds out I made even 1 mistake?"

Your heart was shattered with each word he spoke. Nobody should have to live like that.

"I won't let him live through you, I know what it's like to live with such unrealistic expectations on your shoulders at all times," He clung to you like a baby koala, "My family is powerful in magic, if anything you can come back to the Casita with me,"

He fell silent for a while, in a good way. He was no longer crying, "He won't.. he can't find me there. Not just my dad but.. but him,.. right?"

"Voldemort can't find you there. He can't even enter the town, the strength of the magic in the candle prohibits any dark magic from entering or being cast."

This helped Draco a lot. He slowly drew away and looked at you, his complexion was calming and becoming less red.

"Okay, okay... I.. I guess I'll go with you then."