:Ron Weasley x Male Reader: "Competition" Part 2.

"The Potter brothers will be working together, Malfoy and Weasley-" Whilst Professor Snape had been proudly announcing partner groups, the mention of Ron having to be partners with Malfoy made Ron gag to himself in disappointment.

(Y/n) and Harry exchanged looks for a brief moment. Harry felt relieved that he finally had a chance to speak with his brother normally, after the recent events he felt worried about (Y/n)'s current mental state.

Ron felt rage, why would Snape pair him up with Malfoy? At least it wasn't as bad as having to be paired up with (Y/n), he wouldn't have been able to even look at him.

(Y/n) turned to Harry, and sighed. "I would like you all to take a seat next to your partners, please." Snape spoke loudly.

+Sudden POV change+

You stood and took your seat next to your brother as soon as Ron got up to sit next to Draco, you noticed how annoyed Ron looked.

As soon as sheets of paper were handed out to each group, you knew your potion. "Polyjuice Potion." Harry read aloud. "That'll be easy." You replied, yawning. To be honest, you hadn't gotten any sleep that day – you were busy finishing a book.

"So," Harry began, looking back to Hermione. Recently she had told him about Ron's crush on his brother — and was eager to hook them up. "–How's life been for you?" He asked, looking towards you.

"I passed out earlier and I'm failing this class, but I have a really sharp pointy stick so I guess things are looking up." You spoke up, aiming the stick towards Snape — not actually aiming to hit him.

Harry sighed, noting that you weren't a very sentimental person when it came to recent events. "What about Ron?" Harry asked, placing the ingredients onto the desk. You thought for a moment before turning a vibrant red. What was he hinting at? "Wha-what do you mean? What about him?"

He caught you by the time you had stuttered, a wacky grin spread on his face. "What'd you think I was going to ask?" He said, elbowing you. Your tsundere personality was kicking in, as you elbowed back — as more of a shove.

"L-let's just get with the potion OK?!" You growled out, blushing. Harry held in laughter and turned around. "Did you ask him?" Ron whispered. "I compromised, by asking him something similar." Harry grinned, looking over his shoulder.

"Are you 2 done busy plotting Hogwarts demise over there because I'd really like to pass." You spat – causing Draco, who was forced to sit next to Ron, to chuckle. Harry sighed. "Maybe, you never know." He sarcastically responded, turning back.

----------------------------------------------

"Just talk to (Y/n) already! It's so obvious that he likes you back, you just have to say something!" Hermione encouraged, shoving Ron.

"-But what if he doesn't? Maybe you guys are overthinking — and he doesn't actually like me!" Ron blurted, looking up. "I know my brother, Ron. He definitely has something going on with you, especially since he doesn't even tease you." Harry responded.

Ron turned red, a darker shade than his hair. "Like that's true." He scoffed, looking away once more. "-What's true?" (Y/n) asked, causing Ron to nearly fly 5 feet in the air out of surprise.

"N-none of your business!" Ron responded. Although it probably wasn't, (Y/n) could see straight through the lie. "Doesn't seem like it, you've been talking about me haven't you?" He asked, his arm resting on Ron's shoulder.

Ron cursed under his breath, hating how tall (Y/n) was compared to him. "We weren't! Trust me." Harry promised, catching a glance at the flustered Ron.

"Alright then." Ron immediately rolled his eyes at (Y/n)'s response, knowing he had to do something about the test he'd have to study for in potions — and his cowardly mind didn't want him doing what he knew he had to.

He was supposed to ask (Y/n) to study with him, but his nerves were through the roof. 'Bloody hell... What's the worst that could happen?' He thought. Ron bit his lip, about to speak up to (Y/n) to ask him.

"Oi! (Y/n)!" A loud, obnoxious voice yelled. They tugged on the brunette's arm. It was none other than the Slytherin prince himself. "Let's go." Draco jealously spat, dragging (Y/n) away.

Though, before he left — Draco shot Ron a look that screamed, "He's mine, dirtbag." Ron clenched his hands into fists. "Looks like you're losing the competition, Weasley." Draco muttered, before leaving completely.