: Hermione Granger X Lovecraftian Male Reader : "Not a monster."

Note(s): I want to preface this by saying I do not support the man, H.P Lovecraft due to his beliefs (racism, etc). And also I hope I am not butchering this in any way, most of the knowledge I have of this universe is from an asmrtist named Ephmeral Rift! This was a request!

Warning(s): I have NO IDEA

Being related to an archaic deity had its perks and whatnot.

You were born in an relatively humanoid body, the woman that held you for 9 months became deceased following your birth immediately after.

You were subject to study by the wizarding world, being held in what could only be described as an asylum.

Growing up, you had minuscule to major differences from that of a human male. The world in which your parent lived was horrific and indescribable to human minds.

With twisted inhuman bodies, terrible desires and intentions. You were the result of that world and this one.

At birth you did not cry, or make noise. You laid in the open field your mother collapsed in. For days, months even, laying against her rotting corpse.

You didn't die, nor did you become malnourished. What your existence was and what you were, was an anomaly.

Something that could not be understood by those native to earth.

At childhood you were raised at this wizarding asylum, under the influence you were just an anomaly.

You were under constant evaluation and study, you had no time to have fun or be a child. Constantly you felt prying eyes on you.

Eyes in places that you could not see, it was as if you were being watched by nothing and something altogether.

You had constant dreams of an unknown ancient language being whispered in each ear, something you both could and couldn't understand.

Besides that, you were excellently intelligent; just not in school smarts. You could not understand muggle schooling, so the wizards sent you to a school known as Hogwarts.

Sorted as a (y/h), you were looked at like a lizard in a monkey enclosure. Your skin was (s/c), although blotted here and there was patches of flesh to that of a scale-less fish of some kind.

Your eyes were blank and Iris-less, it was all just one color. (E/c). Your (h/c) never truly stayed in one hair-type. It was chaotic, just like your forefathers.

One day it was straight, the next it was curly, then a week later it could be both on either side. So you wore the hood of your cloak over it.

You made little friends and stood out like a sore thumb, however there was one student who was absolutely fascinated by you.

Hermione Granger.

She could never wrap her mind around what you were. She followed you constantly, so it made sense you went with her friend group so she wouldn't have to leave them behind.

She chatted your ears off, but you didn't mind. It was very pleasant and amusing. You liked the other students, you liked muggles and wizards alike.

You just wish you knew where you fit in those 2 catagories. Your life always consisted of you trying to fit yourself in a group. Why weren't you like them? Why were you so different? Why weren't the others like you?

Present day, you sat in the great hall beside Hermione.

"You are extraordinary, you know that?" Hermione complimented you on this, eyeing your arm.

Each arm had several patches of these somewhat amphibious or fish-like flesh, your hands being mildly webbed.

You couldn't see what she saw in you, though. "How is that?" You asked this softly, watching her observe you.

"You're nothing like I've ever seen in books or real life! Something completely new!"

You cocked your head at her in misunderstanding, "How can that be brilliant to you? Sometimes new things aren't so good."

"That doesn't mean everything that's new is bad, or not good. That's the fun in finding new things, with you being something new to this world." She smiled simply, making you scoff.

"I see myself as a very fucked up mermaid, not an new and improved species." You yelped as after you said this, she smacked you over the head.

"Now don't be so rude on yourself! You're different and that's great! It's amazing to be unique from the rest of the bunch."

Sure, whatever.

Umbridge, the hag, she still saw you as an abomination. Well, she wasn't entirely wrong at all. 

The only person who thought otherwise was Hermione.

For a while, you both sat in silence as she looked through several books she made you drag to the great hall so that she could read through them.

"HERE!" She loudly exclaimed to you, making you look at her book. "Those dreams you told me about, the unknown language and your physical appearance? It all makes sense now!"

You flinched for a moment as you struggled reading the page. You were still afraid to admit you had a mild learning disability and reading English was difficult for you.

"This is written by a man, who I refuse to acknowledge, however its lovecraftian! Maybe you really aren't from this planet!"

You were astonished, afraid, and happy all at once. The idea you weren't from earth fit like a puzzle piece in that empty slot in your heart.

"So I'm just some monstrous alien?"

She glared at you for a moment and roughly tugged on your left ear. "Stop that! What did I say? You're not a monster!"

You blushed and gazed away. You quietly repeated what she said to yourself, while she continued reading.

"...Not a monster."