: George Weasley X Male Reader : "I'm your nerd."

Note(s): SASSY READER BOI. Neurodivergent coded reader! I write this from experience, as I'm autistic! A bit short sorry!!

Warning(s): mild angst, sensory overload, mild mental breakdown, wholesome-ness

For the most part, you were a quiet person in general. You were semi-nonverbal, which was hard to explain to people who didn't understand.

Sometimes, you just couldn't get words to come out the way you wanted and they didn't make sense nor seem literate. Other times you could speak perfectly.

It was a part of you, as well as your "quirkiness" that the normal people in your life described you. Or, in not-so-phobic terms, autistic.

That wasn't an issue at all if you were around muggles. However the wizarding world was still in a conservative political standing, so not many understood at all.

Having to attend Hogwarts was very difficult for you. You constantly had to strain yourself, not having any time to cool-down emotionally from all the violations to your senses.

One person who seemed to always brighten your day was none other than George Weasley. He never failed to make you laugh and smile.

You tried not to cling to him, however it was hard not having many friends. So often times you were seen following the Weasley twins like a baby duckling.

Today was one of those days.

You kept your head down, you could feel an emotional breakdown brewing inside you. It sat inside your chest, it was a deep and uncomfortable yet saddening feeling.

You were sitting with George out in the courtyard, while he was conversing with some of the other students. It was beginning to get hard to understand what people were saying, it sounded as if you were rooms away.

Not to mention the sinking feeling in your chest and the lump in your throat, you felt your eyes numb a bit. Not the tears, anything but them.

You hadn't had any time today to calm your senses, being that sensory processing issues were your main problem. Too much sounds, too many sights, too much smells, it was overwhelming for you.  

It was at this moment you were starting to shake a bit, as if it was freezing cold (however it wasn't).

You didn't want to start a scene, so you stood and walked inside before anybody could see you. Unfortunately, somebody did see you.

Fred nudged his twin brother, having noticed your behavior. "Hey, dunce. Go check on (Y/n), he just booked it without a word."

George stood promptly, not needing any more reminders as he made his way after you. He had several moments where he helped you calm down.

Constantly you questioned why he helped you, never did you tell you the true reason. You would constantly catch him looking at you and smiling, too.

You were sitting in an empty hall, taking deep breaths. You counted each breath inward, and each outward.

Keeping your eyes closed, you tried to focus on the sounds of your breathing. You felt your eyes watering and tearing up from the sensory overload you had experienced.

Suddenly, you felt a hand gently press against your shoulder. This made you flinch slightly and glance up to see who it was.

George was now sitting beside you, he had a gentle expression on his face. "Hey," His voice which was normally shouting obnoxiously, was calm, "How are you feeling?"

You thought for a moment, trying to see inside yourself for a moment before responding softly, "Weak."

He chuckled for a moment, you know that meant mischief of some kind, "Physically or mentally? I could carry you."

The way he knew how to distract you from thinking about your current issues and calm you down was extraordinary.

"You don't have to," Your voice was still shaken but you were smiling now as his smile was contagious to you.

"What's the point of doing anything if you don't have to?"

Oh no.

He's gonna do it.

You didn't have any time to respond when you grabbed you and lifted you, however he underestimated his strength and almost launched your into the air.

You yelped, now clinging onto him for dear life.  "Be careful!" This made him cackle as he proceeded to walk back down the hall towards the courtyard.

"No! I don't want others seeing! GEORGE WEASLEY!"

"I love it when you say my name," He said this in a flirty and charismatic tone, without stopping his journey to the outdoors.

You furrowed your brow, looking like an angry puppy as he walked outside towards the group you were in previously.

It was easy to hear the laughter of others although it wasn't mocking, rather they all found it cute that were so easily lifted and subdued.

"Look what I caught!" George flaunted you as if he had caught a fish out of water, you glared towards him. In response, he squished your face.

"N'awww! It looks like (Y/n)!" Fred said this teasingly, "And it's very angry, it looks like it bites!"

"I'm not an it! And yes, I do!" You retorted this.

"Oh, don't worry. I'm okay with being bit." George said this proudly, shifting slightly to hold you up better.

"Nerd." You countered this in a sassy tone, burying your face against his shoulder. The aftermath of your breakdown/overload was always met with fatigue.

"Yeah, but I'm your nerd!"