:Draco Malfoy X Male Reader: "Love Potion."

Your feet rapidly worked against the ground, you rushed eagerly to get to dinner. Your short (h/c) hair was wet, from the recent shower you took in the shower-rooms. Adorning your body was a black sweater, over a button up shirt. Along with a green tie, that matched your house. Your trousers consisted of jeans, your shoes were plain sneakers.

Each twist and turn was simply tiring, your hunger was painful by the time you were half the way there. Whilst walking, you happened to overhear a conversation. "-Well of course, Potter wouldn't understand your plans at all. Him and his mischief that keeps me from sleeping at night." The voice was clearly speaking in a lying tone, as if they were talking to a professor.

Nonchalantly strolling by as if you never were eavesdropping, the person you heard was none other than Malfoy. You rolled your eyes and continued walking. You figured that you were simply unnoticed and continued on your way.

- - - - - - -

Draco's eyes moved towards the male he knew too well, walking by his conversation. "I'll catch on, Professor Snape." He called back, rushing secretively towards the corner.  'He can't resist me after I give him this.. there's no way it can't work..' He thought deviously, a grin on his features.

In his hand, was a love potion given to him by Pansy. She said it was a, "type of sweet" she received. Proven to him as a fault, to which was an actual Love potion after a few tests on it. He wasn't stupid enough to drink something Pansy singlehandedly gave him.

All he had to do was slip a few drops into (L/N)'s drink and then the male would fall head over heels in love with him. Of course, the only setback being that (L/N) always was with that Potter menace.

As he entered the doorway, Draco noticed the male was nowhere to be seen. "Perfect." He mused under his breath. Taking a seat at his usual spot, he waited for the food to he served before he was to decide his plan. (L/N) arrived slowly, his (h/c) hair was still sopping with water. Draco had to look away, waiting for the right opportunity to drug the drink.

As soon as (L/N) turned away, Draco slipped a dose of the liquid into the small goblet. He quickly drew away, not wanting to be seen in the act. (Y/N) took a sip, and turned to look at the rustling next to him. "Draco, are you alright?" He asked with a completely straight face.

"W-well.. I suppose so!" Draco accidentally snapped, whispering an apology after. 'What the hell?! Did it not work?' His thoughts shouted in his ears. He stood up. "I'll be back.." He mumbled, storming out. (Y/N) looked up confused, as to why the blonde randomly stormed out.

- - - - - - - -

At the top of the page of the textbook, Draco silently read off: "The potion will not work if the victim takes said potion to fall in love with the participant they are already in love with." He felt his face go red from ear to ear. 'What is that supposed to mean?' He thought furiously. "Malfoy? What's with the big book?" Questioned a familiar voice. Quickly, the blonde hid the textbook behind him.

"I-it's nothing (L/N)! Stop snooping." "You aren't acting like yourself lately, I was just wondering if you were alright." This was definitely the average (Y/N). Always worrying for others before himself, always asking questions. "Defects of a love potion?" (Y/N) read off the paragraph title, a blush covering his cheeks. "Who did you give a love potion to?"

"YOU!" Draco snapped, feeling himself mentally shriveling. "I GAVE THE DAMNED POTION TO YOU, 'SLIPPED IT IN YOUR DRINK. I WANTED YOU TO AT LEAST ACKNOWLEDGE ME BUT ALL YOU'RE DOING IS ASKING QUESTIONS!"

(Y/N)'s face was now a vibrant red. "F-funny thing is.. I already like you, Draco. A love potion doesn't work if the person taking it already likes the person giving it to the other.." He murmured this shyly. Draco was silent, unable to pull words out of his mouth. (Y/N) let out a giggle that was like chocolate, adoring to his ears.

He was frozen to his chair, and felt himself melt as soon as he felt a peck on his cheek. "I'll see you later Malfoy.." (Y/N) purred, walking off.