: Draco Malfoy X Male Reader : "Tension."

Notes: idk

Warnings: himbo reader

Draco Malfoy and you were both students at Hogwarts. You have always been at odds with each other, constantly exchanging sarcastic remarks and witty comebacks.

However, unknown to both of you, there was an underlying tension between you that you both tried to ignore.

One day, during a potions class, you and Draco were paired up as partners. As you worked together, you kept up your usual arguing, but there was something different between you. The air was thick with unspoken words, and you both found yourselves stealing glances at each other when you thought the other wasn't looking.

As you both finished your potion and presented it to the professor, the tension between you became too much to ignore. Draco spoke up first, "You know, for someone who's supposed to be so smart, you sure do make a lot of mistakes."

You rolled your eyes, "And you're one to talk. You couldn't even brew a simple potion without my help."

Draco smirked, "Oh, I don't need your help, I can do anything I put my mind to. I couldn't say the same for you, I doubt you even have a brain up there."

"Oi! I wouldn't be alive without a brain!" You hissed this, crossing your arms and breaking eye contact with him.

"It's a figure of speech you dolt! I'm calling you stupid!"

You fell silent and processed this for a moment, a few seconds passed and you finally felt offended, "HEY!"

"Took you long enough!"

"I'm gonna kick your ass, you stupid-" You quickly shut up when you saw Professor Snape eyeing you both with a disappointed expression.

"Yeah, finish that sentence I dare you." Draco taunted this, only to double over in pain as you kicked his shin with your steel-toe shoes.

"How's steel feel, bitch?" You countered this as you stirred your potion, while watching Draco cradling his ankle in pain.

Outside of Hogwarts, you worked with children. During the months you weren't at Hogwarts, you worked at a daycare and were beloved by the children you cared for.

That being said, when you WERE at Hogwarts you instinctively protected all the first years like a mama bear.

You were counting heads, making sure all the first years that followed you around were here. "One two three four five.." Your eyes widened, "I'm missing one.."

"Where.." You looked around as the small 11-year-olds huddled around you. Your eyes narrowed when you smelled that familiar apple-y scent, "MALFOY! Release the child."

A child ran out from behind a corner and hid behind you, as the platinum blond bully slowly revealed himself as well.

"Do you enjoy tormenting children? Is it fun for you? Do you have no soul??"?You asked this with a protective expression as six children huddled around you like a bunch of ducklings.

"Yes, yes and oh, yes." Draco answered every question with a mocking tone as he made eye contact for an uncomfortable amount of time.

You scoffed and rolled your eyes, not even bothering to respond. Dismissing the group of first years to their class, you turned to leave as well-

Until you felt yourself get harshly shoved into a wall by the same soulless platinum blond who'd been taunting you for days now.

"Why are you tormenting me?" You finally had the guts to snap this question at him, glaring into his icy grey eyes.

Draco stared at you, there was some sort of determination in his eyes as if he was waiting for the day you'd ask him that. His lips curled into a grin, and his grip tightened painfully on your wrists.

"Why? Because I know you enjoy it," He murmured this in your ear, getting very close towards you.

This didn't really answer ANY of your questions whatsoever.

"But WHY? Why me?" You questioned this, feeling goosebumps forming on your body when you felt his breath on your ear, "Aren't your parents strictly traditional? I'm not exactly a pure-blood femal–"

A shudder went down your spine and you let out a gasp; you felt the new sensation of a tongue tracing the rim of your ear, it was felt good and yet it was so gross.. so why did you like it?

For a while, Draco did not even answer you again. He just kept you pinned to the wall, kissing your ear and traveling his lips down to your jawline.

He paused for a second right before his lips were close to your throat, and a devilish smile overcame his face.

You couldn't respond. You weren't being forced into silence, no- you were just so flustered that your body refused to make any sort of eligible comment.

"You aren't even fighting me, are you?" He spoke again, his voice quieter but still audible as he was still close to your ear, "And if you really wanted to, you could overpower me and walk away."

He did have a point. You were stronger than him, at any time you could wiggle out of his grip and walk away; but did you really want to?

"For your information, though.. my parents may be against me leaning towards men," His lips traveled down to your throat finally, you could feel his breath against your adam's apple, "-but that does not mean I listen to their rules."

Finally, Draco released you and stepped backward. He observed the disappointment on your face and relished in it like it was a drug.

"And... I suppose I have a thing for big dumb guys, especially the submissive ones." After giving a subtle wink and an evil grin, he walked away as if he was never there.

"That smug bastard!" You hissed this quietly.