"W-well-wow!" He finally said breathily. Slowly a corner of his lips curled up, "Aren't you getting bold, Kwon Yeojin?"

With his arms around her somehow turned limp, Yeojin easily freed herself from him. She scrambled up and excused herself to make dinner before dashing away from the room. Kris laughed and still couldn't believe what just happened.

__________

She was utterly embarrassed for kissing Kris first without him initiating it. It didn't help that he kept on teasing her about how bold she was over dinner. She decided to sleep late to prepare for her final paper defense and to avoid hearing more of Kris' teasing. Thankfully, breakfast wasn't full of teasing the next morning. But it was only because Kris just received a call from Suho telling him Luhan wanted to nullify their contract.

Kris had told her not to worry about his issue and to just focus on her final paper defense when he dropped her off at school. Yet his problem was all that she could think about now.

He had looked calm, and Yeojin knew it was because he was ready to lose his position if worse come to worst. He was ready to live a life with no burden of Titan Wu in exchange of a simple life with her, he had once told her. However, that didn't sit well with her because if that really happened, the Wu's were going to lose everything Grandpa Wu and Uncle Wu had worked hard on to someone else. It wouldn't be much of a problem if that someone was a good person, but that wasn't the case.

Yeojin was snapped out of her thought when warmth engulfed her hand. She was brought back to reality where the final paper defense was on-going. One of her classmates was presenting his final paper in front of a panel of teachers and the rest of the senior year students in the auditorium. Some other senior students, including Sunhee, who chose to create various final projects instead of writing final paper had to present their works at the school's gallery.

Yeojin's eyes flitted to the hand engulfing hers then to the owner sitting beside her.

"Are you nervous?" Sehun whispered; eyes still on the presenter up front.

Wheeling her attention to the presenter too, she answered, "No." She slowly curled her hand away from his, but he quickly grabbed it again.

"Sehun," she whispered his name in warn.

"I'm actually nervous," he told her, but his gaze were still on the presenter. His poker face made it hard for Yeojin to believe what he just said.

"You have spoken in front of the student body a lot of time," she pointed out. "How are you still nervous?"

"Just because I always look composed and cool when I speak in front of people doesn't mean I never feel nervous." He briefly glanced at her and gave her a smirk.

Yeojin almost uttered "conceited" right when he said he's cool, but she held back and just rolled her eyes. His words made her think of Kris. He might look calm in front of her and cold in front of everyone else, and he did tell her he wouldn't mind losing his position in the company; but maybe—she thought—maybe he was actually worried of losing what his family had built too.

"You might not get another chance to hold my hand once we graduate and separate," Sehun continued speaking to her.

His words pulled her attention to him. She really disliked this kind of talk. She disliked thinking about separating from anyone close to her. And Sehun had become one of the people closest to her. She might not be scared of losing him like she was with Kris, but she still dislike this kind of talk.

But he's right. He won't—can't always be with me. He can't always be by my side like Kris can. Her mind told her. Sooner or later, I have to let him go.