xvi

Excuse any mistakes

Some weeks later...

Payton

I looked around Markus' backyard in awe, he had recently just had it landscaped and to my surprise it didn't look half bad.

I sat in the beach chair underneath this sort of umbrella type thing, I was in a relaxed state of mind at the moment; euphoria, a feeling no one could take from me.

A few weeks prior I visited Dr.Bennet about me walking for the first time in a year and a half, and he was really just shocked to see that I've recovered but aside from that realistically all he said was to take it easy, and not lift any excessive weight and so on. He had also taken me off my antidepressants which I truly didn't see as necessary.

Markus had been out since yesterday night with his brother and a few friends since it was his brother's birthday. He claims they went to a club then went home to chill which I tried my hardest to believe.

He had sent me a video last night but I was asleep so I didn't get to open it, however this morning as soon as I awoke I opened it and to my surprise this is what I saw.

Baby ❣️

I miss you mamas, when I see you imma get all up innnaat'🤤👅👅
12:36 am.

Later on I simply replied with an 'lol, can't wait' . After a few more hours outside I decided to go back inside where it was much cooler.

As I entered the kitchen I heard the front door open. Markus sluggishly walked in, I studied his body language for a brief second and I was not too surprised. His eyes were blood shot red, his waves looked awful and he seem totally disoriented.

I shook my head as he walked over to me trying to hug me.

"Uh uh, no thanks babe." I dodged his large arms.

"Payton chill man."

"No, you need to go chill in the shower and brush those damn teeth." I said waving him off, he's my baby and I love him but he smelt exactly how a bartender would after a long night of bartending.