xiv

The next day

The next day...

Payton

I woke up in an unfamiliar room, the last thing I actually remembered was the events that took place in Markus' bathroom and seeing my mom cry yesterday.

I felt extremely weak and thirsty and since I had lost my voice some what, I simply pressed the button on the side of the bed which alerted my new nurse. As she was coming in to assist me I saw Jehtayne standing at the door frame looking nervous.

 As she was coming in to assist me I saw Jehtayne standing at the door frame looking nervous

"Morning Payton, I hope you're feeling okay I want you to take these." She handed me two pills and a bottled water. "And you should be feeling somewhat like your self soon." She smiled.

"Is there anything else that you need?." She questioned. I shook my head no "Alright if you need me just press the button." And she waved goodbye.

Jehtayne came in slowly and a small smile formed on his face. "Morning Payton wassup?." He asked placing a card on the side table and a teddy bear.

I held up my finger indicating for him to give me a second. I drank the bottled water and sighed.

"I'm hanging in there I guess and before you say it.. I know I sound horrible." I somewhat giggled at the sound of my voice.

He chuckled along with me and shook his head "Nah you sound fine, I was just checking up on you ya kno' I haven't seen you in a while."

"Yeah I haven't been in the best of places in the last few months but I'm getting there, thank you for visiting it means a lot to me." I smiled.

He held my hand and smiled "I hope to see you soon, servin' looks and poses behind the camera." He said.

"Will d–."

The door opened to reveal the one and only Markus, his eyes were low and his durag was still present indicating that he probably had just woke up. He came in with an annoyed look on his face, his eyes then averted to Jehtayne holding my hand but he said nothing.

"Anyway Payton I'll see you soon hopefully." He said turning around and moving out of Markus' way, I waved goodbye as best as I could as he left.

Once the door closed Markus locked it with the lock and came to my bed side, he then got in beside me and held me tightly.