x

Payton

Payton

It has been approximately four weeks since Markus said how he really felt about me at my surprise birthday party. Ever since then I've tried my best to pack my things I had over at his house so I could finally move out and not be a bother to him.

I also haven't seen him around the house since the day started, we didn't exchange words on the daily, he did his thing and I did mine, he would just come home late in the mornings and leave around eight pm at night.

I sat up in the bed that was in the guest bedroom and looked around seeing the small progress I managed to accomplish which was only pack two garbage bags full of clothes which was only the tip of the iceberg.

I rubbed the sleep out of my eyes and yawned, looking around the room I noticed my wheelchair had been a far off from the bed. I sighed wondering how I'd reach it myself without help.

I decided to try and reach for it instead of crawling like I use to, while leaning slightly I was about to get a hold of it when all my body weight shifted and I fell off of the bed landing on my side.

Tears began to fill my eyes as I laid on the floor in pain.

"I hate this! I hate my life!." I yelled out crying. As I tried to lift myself up.

While I struggled I felt a pair of hands pick me up which I figured they belonged to Markus.

"Payton I'm sorry." He looked at me as he wiped his eyes as he looked at the bags.

"Leave me alone Markus, I hate you. Let me struggle I can do it all on my own." I cried out.

"No baby, I'm sorry stop! Please." He said as he rested his head in the crook of my neck.

Instead of yelling I began to cry uncontrollably. I wish I had never met Markus but it was really my fault so I can't blame anyone.

He held me while I cried for what felt like five minutes, soon my eyes became droopy and I immediately fell asleep in his arms.

I woke up with Markus' arms wrapped around me. I sighed and removed them from around me, I was just tired of our situation and wanted out of it. Completely.

"Why you movin' my arm off of you." Markus grumbled in a raspy tone.

"Markus I'm done with you." I said little above a whisper.

"Watchu' mean??." He said getting up and looking at me.

"I mean, this what we have here has to come to an end, I'm tired of it, a month ago you revealed your true colors, and you hurt me beyond forgiveness." I said wiping my eyes.

"Ian' mean it, Pay forreal." He said looking somewhat worried.

"No Markus I've had enough, and not even that but the entire time you were creeping with your ex, like what the hell?? Then you went the extra mile and blamed me for my own accident that I couldn't avoid. You just always conveniently never think about what you say to me before it leaves your mouth." I cried once more.

"I'm in pain I just fell, for the past month you haven't said a word to me, you haven't helped me or even bothered to look at me." I said shaking my head.

He didn't say anything else, he just watched me cry and shake my head.

"The only thing I ask of you is to help me move my shit out of here, that's it." I said wiping my eyes and calming down.

"Yeah I got it." He said mumbling and removing the sheet off of him and getting up.

After the discussion we had Markus wasted no time in helping me pack my belongings.

No words were exchanged as I put all my makeup into one box and my shoes in the other, he finished packing my clothes and approximately four hours later we were both done.

"So you really leaving out of my life?." He asked he drove on the way to my condo.

"Correct." I responded not looking at him.

"I'm sorry for what I put you through, all them things I said I take em' back." He said gripping the steering wheel.

I shook my head and put my headphones into my ear, I was tired of his lame ass apologies and I had no energy to curse him out.

Once he each box and bag was placed in my apartment he stood leading against the counter.

"Well I love you, and I hope you find happiness despite the shit I put you through." He said mumbling and looking down.

"Thanks, I hope you get your shit together and stop fucking women over." I said with much attitude.

"I deserved that, you got it." He said rubbing over his dry ass waves, thought it was swim swim but his shit look drier than a Popeyes biscuit.

"Damn right, anyway thanks for helping me pack my things I couldn't have done it myself." I said thanking him.

"No problem." He walked over to me and we briefly shared a hug then he kissed me on the cheek.

I felt my heart break as we finally let go, I watched him as he placed on his shoes and leave my condo.

Markus and I are really over, that's a lot to process.

Another short chapter thanks for the ongoing support, much love! Thanks for 3k!! This book is literally coming from here a couple months ago.