ix

Markus

Markus

"Payton." I said as I tapped her shoulder gently trying to wake her up.

"Markus go away please." She mumbled sleepily.

"Youn' wanna do nun' for ya birthday?." I peered over her, kissing her cheek. "You're 25 babygirl c'mon." I said getting up and getting the tray of eggs, bacon and waffles I made her.

Truthfully I was becoming exhausted with the situation Payton and I were in, all the time she'd be upset and not willing to talk to me and it's like; I'm the one doing everything for her when she can't or occasionally she'd just lash out on me like I'm the one who asked Jr. to shoot her.

Once she sat up I placed the food in her lap and watched and she smiled up at me. "Thank you." She mumbled as she sipped her orange juice.

"You're welcome."

After she finished eating, I helped her take a shower and right after she fell asleep on the couch.

I had planned a small surprise party for her that would happen later on so I was just calling around to make sure everything was in place.

I suddenly heard a knock on the front door, I got up and went downstairs then opened the door and there stood Mrs.Washington.

"Good morning Markus, I was coming over to attend to Payton while you get the things set up for later on." She smiled warmly.

"Yea, Mrs.W you can come on in, I'll call you when everything ready, until then y'all get y'all nails done and what not." I said handing her some money.

"Oh boy please, you are too much!." She laughed taking the money.

"Aii I'll call you later." I said chuckling along with her as I walked to my car.

Payton

"Mom I don't really want to do anything please stop." I told my mom in a frustrated tone.

"Listen to me, your father wouldn't want you sulking around the place like sour milk on your birthday." She said trying to prove a point "Plus I think Markus might do something special for you later on." She smiled

"Fine, I'll cooperate." I said finally giving in, to be one hundred I was just tired of everything and everyone bothering me, I simply just wanted to get this day over with so everyone could stop and leave me alone.

After a long three hours I was finally ready and settled with freshly nude painted nails. Currently my mom was fixing my hair so that it was out of my face.

—