iii

Payton

Payton

I listened to She for keeps by Migos & Nicki Minaj through my pink beats by Dre pill while catching up on a few papers from the office.

I was simply turning jot notes into paragraphs on a patient I had by the name of Travis, I remember him coming in a few days ago, poor guy had been through so much and so he just the tendency of lashing out at people which is why he came to me seeking help.

My job incorporated people telling me their problems, issues, or concerns wether it be depression, anxiety, anger etc.

I graduated from UCLA almost 4 years ago, I received a PhD in psychology and with that being achieved, my mother hired contractors to build a small office like building where I could design myself and potentially work, of course the it consisted of other people higher than me but my mother was the sole operator of the entire thing.

Growing up I didn't have much love in my household, at the tender age of 12 I learned that my father was killed in a drive by. After my dad died my mom focused more on work than me, which is probably the reason why she has a global pharmaceutical business/business that's worth millions but I can never recall having a bond with her, it was all work for her, her number one priority was work meanwhile my many nannies played the role of a mom. From helping me with my first period to pimple to boyfriend you name it.

So when she insisted on helping me with my career she probably thought it was a 'I'm sorry for not raising you for half of your life' gift.

I sighed trying not to make myself upset, getting up I went to the kitchen and grabbed a bottle of Hennessy from the cabinet.

Pouring a generous amount into a glass I went back to my room and sat on the small pink chair I had.

Hearing a familiar vibration go off I sat the glass down on my desk and picked up my vibrating phone that read an incoming FaceTime call from Markus.

I answered it picking the glass back up and sipping from it.

"Hey." Prior to the call, Markus hadn't texted me all morning and it was pushing 12 o'clock but I wasn't pressed.

"Wassup ma?."

"Not much just finishing up some work." I said looking at the sheets of paper.

"Oh that's what's up, what color panties you got on?."

"Shut up." I laughed while he kissed his teeth.

"So where's your girlfriend?."

"She's knocked out, can't even handle early morning dick either." He chuckled but I found nothing funny.

He sensed my quietness "So what's up, why you moping and drinking?."

"Just annoyed, don't worry about it though uhm you're still in the air?."