iv

Payton

Payton

After the incident back at the club I haven't been in contact with Markus, though it's been 2 months since he returned from the business trip in Jamaica.

He spammed my phone constantly, showed up to my house, and even my job but I never exchanged a word with him but if he were to blame anyone, it should be his damn self, being the side chick had its benefits I guess you could say but there wasn't that surety that he was mine, hell he was never mine but with what said, it just opened up my eyes.

I was being a hoe and trifling to their relationship but it takes two to tango. If Markus was faithful we wouldn't be at this point. I know most people would find it hard to believe that I took so long to realize. Me, I'm surprised it took me that long too. It was just temporary though, I was blinded and mesmerized by someone that wasn't mine.

Currently I was at the gym, on the treadmill to be specific. Going to the gym was never on my To-Do-List but I figured since detoxing my life and getting away from Markus I would better myself and my body in the process.

I had my beats on while listening to Stir Fry by the Migos.

Upon getting off I accidentally knocked my water bottle over causing it to tip over on the ground.

I quickly got off and to my surprise Jr picked it up for me, and he was looking really sexy too. I mean he's shirtless and sweaty for crying out loud.

"You look familiar, Payton right?." He said handing it to me.

I laughed and took it from him "Yeah, how have you been?."

Jr and I didn't really have anything going on since the night at the club. But we'd only text a few times but sometimes I'd leave him on read depending on my mood.

"Shit, just out here chilling, we should meet up sometime I'd like to get to know you, formally." He said with his towel around his neck.

"That sounds good I'm down for it, when would this 'meet up' be?." I chuckled.

"How about this Saturday at the Olive Garden around 12?."

"Sounds like a plan I'll see you then, I'd hug you but we're both sweaty and that's just a mess." I laughed shaking his hand.

He laughed along with me then nodded "I'll see you Saturday then." And with that he walked off venturing further into the gym facility.

As for me my hour of working out had just expired and it was my time to leave, after gathering my stuff I left and got into my car. I placed my phone down just see Markus calling me for the first time since the day started.

I don't know why he won't get it through his thick ass skull that I don't want to talk to him, I was passed being offended by what he said but it's just time for me to move on in my life. Shit I'm not getting any younger, I happily declined the call and made my way home.